Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older Rossignol Experience that I would like to replace. Anyone know if they are making the Expereince as part of the 2014 lineup? and if so any chnages? Otherwise, I may try and pickup one of the 2012/13 on sale. THanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
The experience was designed by Xavier De la rue, the last model ran for the past two years without any changes.

But the krypto is not its replacement. The krypto has been around as long as the experience (4 years I think)

The replacement experience for next year would be the xv which is also designed by Xavier and can be bought as a split, split package with bindings skins and all or just the regular deck.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
570 Posts
i rode the XV at a demo day last month... super stiff, powers through chop, and carves like a butcher if you've got the legs for it. Holds onto an edge like crazy, and really doesn't like to let go. it's pretty much exactly what i expected :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks. Well the one I have is 10/11 so before Xavier desing input or marketing I believe. Anyone know what differences between the 10/11 and the 12/13? I see different graphics on the top and bottom. I wonder if it is the same spec: effective edge, rocker measurments, and magnatraction pattern, etc.?
Thanks for the info on the XV! I'll look into that also.

·
Registered
570 Posts
It's got a bit of a weird, mini-swallowtail on it... Doesn't do anything, and doesn't affect riding switch at all. Same number of mag points, same sort of blunted tip... I don't think it's changed much.

·
Registered
405 Posts
zuzupopo / Snow Catalogues - Rossignol Snowboards

Seems to be out of the lineup. Closest thing is the Krypto for 2014.
The 2014 JibSaw looks interesting. I have the 2012 Angus and I really like the board. I know Rossi boards don't get any love on this forum, but they make nice boards. I really like their hybrid(RCR) camber profile. I probably will get one of their Mag Tech boards next year (One Mag, JibSaw, Templar).

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
I've been on the XV split for the past three weeks or so. Pretty much like neachdain describes it. That doesn't like to let go factor translates to a little hooky on hard pack for me. In pow it's great. Overall, it's a killer board and I have been having a ton of fun on it.

·
Registered
751 Posts
the experience was designed by or for Jeremy Jones. He rides more back foot and so the nose is soft and the tail is stiffer. Xavier rides more aggressively and so the XV is a stiff nose with the stiffness easing into a softer tail.
So the ride might be completely different. If you love the experience ( I love mine) I would recommend picking one up from this year. The ride should be the same as your old one.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have the 2014 Rossignol Angus already and I love it. It replaced my 2012 Angus. Here are a couple pics. So far my favorite board I own.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I thought it was way more skatey. The flat bottom felt kinda weird. I'm willing to give my new 12 Machete 162 a try. I was starting to get used to it. I like camber though as I've ridden from 1990-02. Then just started again this year. Picking it back up kinda fast. I like the Angus the best, but I've yet to try my new 11 Capita StairMaster or the Machete

1 - 16 of 16 Posts