Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rain?! all my buddies cancelled at the last minute. i was gonna shoot out there at the last minute just because it so close but i don't think I'm gonna go by myself if its gonna rain. i wonder how hunter is looking

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was at Hunter yesterday. Pleasantly surprised! It's really incredible how much snow they're able to make. Standing at the top of the mountain, you look around and there is no snow anywhere other than a light dusting at the very top of the surrounding peaks. But the majority of Hunter's trails are covered with snow, and the snow isn't shallow, either.

Of course, you're gonna get your icy spots. That happens even if there is real snow. But overall, Hunter had a good amount of rideable terrain and the snow quality was much better than I expected.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was looking at their pics on line, the lines look huge! also all the pics seem to be from the bottom of the mountain.

·
Registered
105 Posts
it actually wasnt as bad as i thought it would be. south was packed so we took a run and then headed to vernon, which by comparison wasnt bad at all. few hours later headed back to south and there was no lift line at all. good first day of the season.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Went to Mt Creek yesterday ( it was my first time there got a free triple play so figured I'd give NJ a chance since I live here) ... WOW that's all I can say. Everyone sucks there. literally narrow trails with snowboarders and skiers falling all over the place it felt like I was playing one of those old school video games where you move side to side dodging shit in outer space lol. and then people deciding the bottle neck of every trail would be a great place to have all their freinds sit in a line straight across the trail. I guess it is what it is a close place to make turns. Conditions were good in the morning and still weren't bad when I left around 7. (not great but better then what I thought considering the weather)

·
Registered
105 Posts
literally narrow trails with snowboarders and skiers falling all over the place it felt like I was playing one of those old school video games where you move side to side dodging shit in outer space lol.
thats pretty much every mountain ive ever ridden in nj and pa. just dont try to ride on the weekends. :laugh:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Everyone sucks there. literally narrow trails with snowboarders and skiers falling all over the place it felt like I was playing one of those old school video games where you move side to side dodging shit in outer space lol. and then people deciding the bottle neck of every trail would be a great place to have all their freinds sit in a line straight across the trail. I guess it is what it is a close place to make turns.
Hey, I learned there lol. I like creek cuz its only an hour and a half away from me. I don't have to leave at 5:30am to be there at 9. It's not always like it was Monday

·
Registered
70 Posts
i'm pretty new to terrain parks but i can handle small / medium sized jumps landing about 50% of the time cleanly. How many small / medium jumps or boxes (where you board onto without jumping) are there at mt. creek?

Are the terrain parks packed? i don't want a whole group of 15 year olds pointing and laughing every time i fail.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I taught myself how to ride at the creek so I was one of those spazzes only a few years ago.

sigh, memories.

·
Registered
254 Posts
We all learned somewhere and probably almost killed someone at one point or another but to have that many people is insane lol. Also can't complain to much since one of those people were my gf and she was probably one of the worst.

Buttertime the one peak is just a huge terraine park so you can find plenty of features to learn on. but personaly I would go somewhere else for instance when I went to Gore they had designated learning parks where they have mini rails and easy kickers. And those cool jibberish kids don't really bother with those parks since their core.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Went today, not great, but not terrible. Only ice I saw was on the blue trail that forks off to the left at vernon. Only stayed a Vernon, can't comment about south.

·
Registered
70 Posts
went to creek today, south was pretty good, nicely groomed w/ sufficient coverage in the morning and slush by afternoon. however, it is a bit crowded and the trails are a bit narrow, the good part is people at south are more experienced riders so no1 is really slowing you down. :thumbsup:

anyway, for those people that rode on the non-terrain park part of the mt recently, are the trails that are open so far just as narrow as south? i am trying to go midweek to the non-terrain park side to learn switch and i think if its as narrow as south, it will not be worth it since i will probably have to start off making wide carves w/ switch. :thumbsdown:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts