Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for something cheap, but ended up realizing that there is no cheap for snowboarding equipment that hasn't been taken out of the trash :)...

so i have been looking on this ebay store and ended up liking this deal: Sapient COAST Snowboard+Bindings+Boots NEW 153 163 on eBay.ca (item 400098760995 end time 27-Jan-10 21:18:21 EST)

any thoughts about sapient or if i should go with another brand?

i am about 170 cm tall, foot size 7, 60 kg (135lbs), 16 years old.

just to let everyone know, i want something that i can ride for a first snowboard, i do have the experience to become a level one, possibly level 2 instructor if that gives any idea about how much experience i have. (in canada that is)

If i missed anything, please let me know...

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any reasons?

Keep in mind, it comes with the boots, bingings and board.

also i am on a very tight budget, so that is already at the most i can spend...

any suggestions otherwise?

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
I don't know much about Sapient boards except that I think they went under.

I've never heard of those bindings, I just know Lamar doesn't have the best rep.

You're taking a risk blindly buying boots online. Be prepared for the possibility of them not fitting right and even maybe hurting.

I sympathize with your money plight, but you can probably get a used setup that will last you longer and perform better for the same price or cheaper.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I don't know much about Sapient boards except that I think they went under.

I've never heard of those bindings, I just know Lamar doesn't have the best rep.

You're taking a risk blindly buying boots online. Be prepared for the possibility of them not fitting right and even maybe hurting.

I sympathize with your money plight, but you can probably get a used setup that will last you longer and perform better for the same price or cheaper.
thanks for the advice, can you recommend a company for bindings? as well as boards? (+ model)

i know that rossignol is the perfect boot company for me, very comfy and sturdy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts