Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 432 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to doing some research for a new powder and/or freeride board, and can't really find much on these two boards. If anyone's ridden either one of these before, I'd like to hear what opinions they have about them, thanks.

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,133 Posts
Demo'd the Archetype for an hour in March.
I already own a Clout and a High5.
Endeavor makes some awesome boards IMO.

The Archetype can ride switch easily, which shocked me as it is a swallow tail.
Board is as much fun as my two boards. Great construction as well.
Unfortunately, I was not able to try it on powder.

·
Registered
636 Posts
They will both be in the Angry Snowboarder review series
A little off topic, but so torn on grabbing a 159 Alter Ego for a great off-szn price. Esp after listening to your pod with Avram/Angry on quivers. It has been on my radar all yr, but when you said it rides just like the Berzerker it made me want to get it even more as that's one board I've been dying to ride for a long while now ... just gotta figure out how to spin it with my lady, esp since I already said I'm done getting boards indefinitely haha. First world problems lol.

And @F1EA ; has been talking well of Endeavour boards, plus been hearing nothing but good things about them. They're going full camber on their boards now no? Curious to try one eventually.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
A little off topic, but so torn on grabbing a 159 Alter Ego for a great off-szn price. Esp after listening to your pod with Avram/Angry on quivers. It has been on my radar all yr, but when you said it rides just like the Berzerker it made me want to get it even more as that's one board I've been dying to ride for a long while now ... just gotta figure out how to spin it with my lady, esp since I already said I'm done getting boards indefinitely haha. First world problems lol.

And @F1EA ; has been talking well of Endeavour boards, plus been hearing nothing but good things about them. They're going full camber on their boards now no? Curious to try one eventually.
There's a few Alter Egos on sale at the Whistler outlet.... ;) I think like $360

Endeavor is not going full camber all around. I believe they're just going to use different profiles for the different board lines:
The freestyle boards get RCR
All mtn/freestyle get full camber
All mtn get 3D camber
Then the freeride series stay with RCR.

Something along those lines....

Tell the lady you will always get more boards. And that the more she tries to stop you, the more boards you're going to get.

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,133 Posts
Endeavor is not going full camber all around. I believe they're just going to use different profiles for the different board lines:
All mtn get 3D camber

Something along those lines....
Well, the 2017 line up had
1. Rocker/flat/rocker
2. Rocker/camber/rocker
3. 3D rocker/camber/3D rocker
All 3 above were true twins.

4. Powder line of directional, tapered decks, with the Archetype being a swallow tail.

As mentioned above, I bought the Clout and High5, and demo'd the Archetype. They are all fun, poppy, versatile boards.
My favourite was the Clout, so I am selling my High5, but I could easily keep that one as well.

·
Registered
121 Posts
been looking and salivating for the archetype as well... i misread and thought you said $360 for that sucker :(

ran into one of the endeavor guys up at cypress and he said that anybody on the fence about plopping down the cash for it can pickup one at their home base in railtown to testdrive it

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
...different profiles for the different board lines:
All mtn get 3D camber
Well, the 2017 line up had
1. Rocker/flat/rocker
2. Rocker/camber/rocker
3. 3D rocker/camber/3D rocker
All 3 above were true twins.

4. Powder line of directional, tapered decks, with the Archetype being a swallow tail.

2016/17
All-Terrain Freestyle (R-F-R)
All-Terrain (R-C-R)

All-Terrain Freeride (3D Camber)
Powder (Hover Camber)

2017/18
Freestyle (R-C-R)
All-Terrain (Full Camber)

Freeride (3D Camber)
Powder (Hover camber)

http://www.zuzupopo.com/xe/index.php?_filter=search&mid=catalog&search_target=title_content&search_keyword=endeavor&document_srl=183590

I own a Live limited edition. Its performance as an all-terrain board is middle-of-the-road IMO (appropriately so). It's a jack of all trades, and so-on. The build quality is outstanding. I'm looking forward to trying the full camber version.

·
Registered
150 Posts
These boards look so sick.

Grey how do you like the clout, caught my eye. They have a pretty deep lineup of boards. so many fish in the pow sea.

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,133 Posts
These boards look so sick.

Grey how do you like the clout, caught my eye. They have a pretty deep lineup of boards. so many fish in the pow sea.
Honestly, read Angry Snowboarder's review here:
2017 Endeavor Clout Snowboard Review - The Angry Snowboarder

It says everything I feel about the Clout.
I have ridden many boards from different manufacturers and with different camber profiles over my 12 years of riding.
With the exception of powder, the Clout can do everything well. So much so, that I am reducing my board collection from 9 at the beginning of 2017 to 2 now. Just the Clout for everything except powder, and a Smokin Jetson for powder.

The same day I demo'd the Archetype, a guy in my club went to demo the Never Summer Type 2. As I was his instructor that day for a class, he asked what I would recommend. I said the Clout. He demo'd both boards and preferred the Clout.

Nuff said.:nerd:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Honestly, read Angry Snowboarder's review here:
2017 Endeavor Clout Snowboard Review - The Angry Snowboarder
It says everything I feel about the Clout.
Nuff said.:nerd:
Sheeeet. I mean their boards look MEAN. Like they're meant strictly for hurting people. The Clout or Bod look like they could beat out the PYL for my steeps / bc freestyle charger stick. What size did you get in the clout and is it capable in powder or not fun? They're all on sale for like $330 USD. thatsssss nice.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
Sheeeet. I mean their boards look MEAN. Like they're meant strictly for hurting people. The Clout or Bod look like they could beat out the PYL for my steeps / bc freestyle charger stick. What size did you get in the clout and is it capable in powder or not fun? They're all on sale for like $330 USD. thatsssss nice.
Yeah the Clout is a beast.
Wouldn't say it's the same type of board as PyL. But for an aggressive and versatile twin it's pretty solid.

My buddy has a Live and a BOD, he loves the BOD which has the same profile as the Clout.

I have a Live too and it's​ kick ass.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yeah the Clout is a beast.
Wouldn't say it's the same type of board as PyL. But for an aggressive and versatile twin it's pretty solid.

My buddy has a Live and a BOD, he loves the BOD which has the same profile as the Clout.

I have a Live too and it's​ kick ass.
How would you decide between the clout and the BOD? 158 or 162's available in both for super cheap. 162 i'm thinking in the clout. I like that these seem to lean a lil more twin/freestyle which would replace my TT nicely. The Maverick also looks DOPE for a more powder inclined BC charger.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
How would you decide between the clout and the BOD? 158 or 162's available in both for super cheap. 162 i'm thinking in the clout. I like that these seem to lean a lil more twin/freestyle which would replace my TT nicely. The Maverick also looks DOPE for a more powder inclined BC charger.
Flex.

BOD is ~mid flex. The Clout is slightly firmer.

So I would say.... depends what you're looking for. Both are going to be more aggressive than the Type 2.

But if you're looking at something just a little bit more aggressive and with a ton of pop, then BOD is a solid choice. If you're looking for something more aggressive altogether but also reasonably playful... then Clout.

Clout would be along the lines of Mountain Twin. BOD along the lines of B Custom.

Also yeah, Maverick looks dope but I've never tried it. Similar flex to BOD but in a more directional shape. All their boards are kind of freestyle oriented (even the pow stuff) so they are not overly directional, straight-liners nor overly stiff (like for example Jones boards).

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,133 Posts
Flex.

BOD is ~mid flex. The Clout is slightly firmer.

So I would say.... depends what you're looking for. Both are going to be more aggressive than the Type 2.

But if you're looking at something just a little bit more aggressive and with a ton of pop, then BOD is a solid choice. If you're looking for something more aggressive altogether but also reasonably playful... then Clout.

Clout would be along the lines of Mountain Twin. BOD along the lines of B Custom.

Also yeah, Maverick looks dope but I've never tried it. Similar flex to BOD but in a more directional shape. All their boards are kind of freestyle oriented (even the pow stuff) so they are not overly directional, straight-liners nor overly stiff (like for example Jones boards).
I agree with pretty much all of the above.
For me, a quiver of two would be the Clout for everything except deep powder, Archetype for deep powder.

As f1ea mentions, despite being quite stable, these boards are very poppy and lively, and can ride from peak to park really well. Presses are so much fun for such stable boards.

One correction to f1ea's comments...the powder boards (Maverick, Archetype) are set back 30mm so quite directional, plus a 5mm taper. Nonetheless, the Archetype rode switch on groomers so easily and was as much fun as my Clout.

Edit: I ride a 158 at 185 lbs. in case that helps.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
One correction to f1ea's comments...the powder boards (Maverick, Archetype) are set back 30mm so quite directional, plus a 5mm taper. Nonetheless, the Archetype rode switch on groomers so easily and was as much fun as my Clout.

Edit: I ride a 158 at 185 lbs. in case that helps.
Yeah but still.....
If you look at a Jones Hovercraft: has 0 tail. Lots of setback and taper.
Fish... the same.... 54mm setback forgot how much taper and almost no tail.
NS Swift the same. Landlord.... Koruas... etc

The Maverick is 30mm setabck, only 5mm taper which is almost nothing and full tip and tail. So while still directional, it's kind of Flight Attendant-ish.

1 - 20 of 432 Posts