Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

381 - 400 of 432 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yeah the Archetype is a bit softer torsionally and has a longer sidecut, so it feels a bit less twitchy. The SK is damp but the tighter radius and setback make it come in and out of turns more sharply. Maybe that's what I'm getting at with the difference in edge to edge...
makes sense!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Bought a new one?
With all the constant buys, tests and sells I’m sure I’ll keep an Arche in my quiver so I need to have the best size for me. If I had 10,5 plus I wouldn’t even think about checking 162 but I have 27,8 cm longer foot and 28 and 27,5 cm Tacticals (these are a bit painful but should pack out more). I feel like 160W could be 0,5 cm narrower for me but I cannot boot out on the 162. Gonna sell one after riding them one by one now.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I’m a size 9 boots so 154 seems to work fine for me although a 154 wide would be pretty cool
I like wider boards too, I have 4 which are over 270 mm at the inserts. The thing with Arche is this 3 cm taper. I’m 100 % happy with that backfoot width on 160W but I’d like a bit less on the front one.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Rode the EA in waist deep today and I see what you guys mean...I’m going to have to move the bindings back a bit and see if that helps. I see a Sushi or Fish in my future though....

·
Registered
259 Posts
Any downside to moving the bindings all the way back and just leaving them like that even on days where I’m not riding in powder? Even after doing that it still seems like the bindings are not as setback as my Burton skeleton key and Jones hovercraft.

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
Any downside to moving the bindings all the way back and just leaving them like that even on days where I’m not riding in powder? Even after doing that it still seems like the bindings are not as setback as my Burton skeleton key and Jones hovercraft.
Throws you pretty far back on the sidecut for carving, too close to the torsionally soft split tail in my experience. I think I had mine set back an extra 2cm or so from reference, and there was plenty of room to move it further back still. I recall a few powder days where I'd leave the backfoot where it was and bring the front binding back an inch, going from a 23" stance to a 22" stance for powder. Still get more nose but don't lose any tail for landing drops and carving between pow stashes.

It's definitely a board you can really play around with your stance and positioning to see what you prefer, small changes don't make it go from fantastic to horrible like my Warpig did... setting the stance back on that ruined it on groomers as the sidecut is already so tight it just felt super twitchy.

·
Registered
259 Posts
@Phedder i'm fairly short and dont ride a super wide stance. so i have the front foot back about a far as it can go and the back finding still could go further. should i take some pics to show you?

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
Pics wouldn't hurt, but sounds like pushing your back binding more towards the tail might widen your stance too much then?

·
Registered
259 Posts
From my experience a little setback like 2 cm works better both in pow and on groomers, even though I usually prefer to be centered on the sidecut and keep the reference stance on all my boards but Archetype.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Throws you pretty far back on the sidecut for carving, too close to the torsionally soft split tail in my experience. I think I had mine set back an extra 2cm or so from reference, and there was plenty of room to move it further back still. I recall a few powder days where I'd leave the backfoot where it was and bring the front binding back an inch, going from a 23" stance to a 22" stance for powder. Still get more nose but don't lose any tail for landing drops and carving between pow stashes.

It's definitely a board you can really play around with your stance and positioning to see what you prefer, small changes don't make it go from fantastic to horrible like my Warpig did... setting the stance back on that ruined it on groomers as the sidecut is already so tight it just felt super twitchy.
I had to adjust my stance on warpig a year ago or so when my nose sinks on powder and slowed me down.I had it set at 23" width i think and centered. I moved my front binding one hole back and it did the trick,did not affect groomer riding either.

381 - 400 of 432 Posts