Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Read Only
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to lighten the weight and shorten the length (161) of my current split. I tour mostly in early season Sierra snow. I stay out of late season chutes and steeps. Looking for a (semi) light board that tours up well, and fun, turny board for moderate angle tree runs on the the way back down.

The Amplid offerings seem to be well-regarded, and I like the price point of the Surf Shuttle. I'm probably not the kind of guy that's going to notice and appreciate all the tech that goes into the Millisurf. I tend towards boards that have, maybe, a little bit of tail to reduce that rear leg burn.

The specs on the Surf Shuttle look pretty identical to the Millisurf, except for weight.

To be paired with Spark Arcs bindings and size 9 Burton Tourist boots.

Thoughts on the Surf Shuttle (vs Millisurf or others)?

·
Registered
8,576 Posts
I'm looking to lighten the weight and shorten the length (161) of my current split. I tour mostly in early season Sierra snow. I stay out of late season chutes and steeps. Looking for a (semi) light board that tours up well, and fun, turny board for moderate angle tree runs on the the way back down.

The Amplid offerings seem to be well-regarded, and I like the price point of the Surf Shuttle. I'm probably not the kind of guy that's going to notice and appreciate all the tech that goes into the Millisurf. I tend towards boards that have, maybe, a little bit of tail to reduce that rear leg burn.

The specs on the Surf Shuttle look pretty identical to the Millisurf, except for weight.

To be paired with Spark Arcs bindings and size 9 Burton Tourist boots.

Thoughts on the Surf Shuttle (vs Millisurf or others)?
Surf Shuttle will probably be my next split.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I havn't ridden one myself, but half of my group is riding Amplid splits and they are in absolute love with the products (two milligram, one tour operator and one surf shuttle). The surf shuttle seems to hold pretty well in poor conditions. You couldn't "ho, he's on a slippy, surfy board" at all. If It matches your style—and it seems to!—you can hardly go wrong with it.

Vs the millisurf, it's pretty much weight for $$$. The ones riding the milligram don't complain at all of it being to stiff or to shattery, so I wouldn't except the millisurf to be either. But again, it's what I'm seeing, not what I'm riding :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts