Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
Endeavor BOD, Fix Magnum, Burton Driver X
2,078 Posts
Do you have your TOEFL Certificate? You will need it for most jobs teaching English in a foreign country.

If you are under 30 think about NZ. They offer a 1 year working visa. All you need is a round trip plane ticket and 4200 in the bank. Hiring is happening right now and immigration is open to US nationals now.

He’s well over 30 from comments in a different thread.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you are under 30 think about NZ. They offer a 1 year working visa. All you need is a round trip plane ticket and 4200 in the bank. Hiring is happening right now and immigration is open to US nationals now.
SICK.... its even better
4,200 New Zealand Dollar equals
2,626.31 United States Dollar

That is super attainable. Wow, wish I was young again, I'd jump on this in a heart beat.

·
Premium Member
3,687 Posts
/laughs in NZ cost of living

You have no idea mate 😂

$11 USD for a cheap 1kg block of cheese
$1.88 USD for 1 litre of 91 octane

Oh and welcome to the metric system. It’s really good!
There's many things I miss about NZ, the cost of living is not one of them. Though that cost is worth it when it comes to cheese, North American cheese is terrible! I even spend less $ per km driving a gas guzzling SUV here than I did driving my little Corolla wagon in NZ :oops:

Reactions: Manicmouse

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Minimum wage is waaay better than in the USA, but you'll earn loads more in the USA as a professional. Guess we haven't perfected capitalism yet. ;)
Ya capitalism perfected here you can pull in $80-100K, have no health, dental or vision coverage, no retirement account, renting an apartment for more than a mortgage due to federally owned student loan debt and get to watch daily coverage of another mass shooting.

If you're interested in the perfected capitalism created here in the land of the free, we would love to help you install this program in your own country. Simply let us know and we will send over some Freedom Rockets to start the process because yes we all know that we're better than all of you, we were taught so in kindergarten.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts