Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
If all you care is carving and bombing, then I would rule out the mountain twin and Stratos (which have quite some FS versatility). Both the Flagship and XV are solid choices with quite similar programs, if a bit "unfun".
Are those boards really not that fun? Are they really just made for one purpose? I don’t want an “unfun” board haha. Preferably one that can do a little of everything which is why I’m biased in the rocker/camber/rocker shape

·
Registered
53 Posts
I do love my Rome Ravine Select and it might be an option. In my opinion, it is medium stiff, enjoyable in most conditions so far. I mostly do carving on groomers and small side hits and runs with my kids (they are beginning snowboard this year).

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
depends, more West/Midwest such as Colorado, Utah, California, Whistler.
Don’t know that you need the aggressive mag that the xv has. I’m in NE. Different conditions entirely. PYL was on my list too. Looks like a fun deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Don’t know that you need the aggressive mag that the xv has. I’m in NE. Different conditions entirely. PYL was on my list too. Looks like a fun deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I looked in the pyl, but after reading reviews apparently it can quite a delicate board with people have fractured or chipped top layers with little use. I’m pretty harsh on my boards for all mountain/free riding so I’d be afraid to damage the YES board

·
Registered
117 Posts
Are those boards really not that fun? Are they really just made for one purpose? I don’t want an “unfun” board haha. Preferably one that can do a little of everything which is why I’m biased in the rocker/camber/rocker shape
I mean, they are excellent boards and riding excellent board is fun. But from what I tried (split versions, only off piste), they are more boards that will make you confident to go through anything, rather than jump and slash fun terrain.

That being said, some people find that more "fun"...

Envoyé de mon H8324 en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I think you're gonna like the stratos much more

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey everyone I’m trying to decide between a few boards after weeks of research from forums and videos etc. I’ve narrowed it down to
Ultra Flagship
Ultra Mountain twin
Jones stratos
Rossi XV

I’m strictly All mountain/Freeride

enjoy bombing, carving, and the woods

anyone else with similar taste/style that has real experience other than test videos.

love my Rossi krypto except it’s too narrow and tired of toe/heel drag causing me to lose my edge when digging trenches. Thanks in advance!

Also forgot to mention I prefer rocker/camber/rocker directional boards, reasoning behind those choices and that they can be decent in POW
Not a directional board, but I would recommend the Rossignol Jibsaw. Probably the best woods and mogul board I have ever owned. Holds well on ice and can make nice ruts on groomers. Works well in boot-waist deep powder if you have decent fore-aft movement from the legs. I have the 2020 model and this year's is a bit stiffer. 2022 Jibsaw and a Mountain Twin coming this month. The Rossi Juggernaut is similar but stiffer. Rocker/camber/rocker profile. Have never ridden the Ultra Mountain Twin but I think the regular Mountain Twin is worth a demo. The Burton Flight attendant rode nicely as well. To my knowledge, all come in a wide. I may eventually add a dedicated power board like a Sushi to my quiver but will always have a Jibsaw or Mountain twin for the precision in trees, bumps, cat tracks and such.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts