Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
After doing Japan for so many years I just can't bring myself to go back to NZ (forget Australia). I'd rather go on a surfing trip to Yamba or something and wait for Japan or Canada to open up again. Sorry, but I think I will give USA a BIG miss.

·
Registered
484 Posts
So after months of great work and suffering by the entire country we get close to being able to travel within our NZ and AUS bubble and thousands of idiots twill soon turn out to protest in Victoria (naturally) and other states. So many equally important events and celebrations have been lost and these people risk a second spread that can undo all the good work. For the record, I don't care about the cause or anyones colour be it black white or blue, but in this environment I just hope these people practice good social distancing, wear masks and don't feel the need to burn/steal anything or carry on like what is happening in America. That would be embarrassing. Anyway, we can expect another 2 weeks at least to see what eventuates after this weekend.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I get cold but rarely get hot so whatever i wear works at anything from +1 to -5 degrees fortunately. Having said that, I have never gone snowboarding without thermal pants, don't care how warm it is lol. I don't really mess with serious out of bounds boarding as I can't be fucked carrying the equipment and there is always enough powder in the trees somewhere in bounds.

·
Registered
484 Posts
@Craig64 $180 a day to board Perisher? $1000 a night accom no covid cancellation? That's insane for the conditions you are likely to get and a fantastic promotion to head overseas and enjoy cheaper and better conditions IF we can ever get overseas again. makes as much sense as my local cinema wanting to charge $20 to watch a movie but then I am 18 hours away from snow also it has to be said.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Can't see flights to Japan till 2024.
[/QUOTE]

I really hope you are wrong re Japan or overseas travel. I am hoping that if people are vaccinated they will be able to fly overseas and isolate in their own home on return. Perhaps I am being optimistic, but American tourists who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 will be able to visit the European Union over the summer is such an example.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have friends going to NZ skiing, but yes, only NSW residents can feel safe about getting back into their state if they even go interstate as the other states are ridiculously quick to panic and shut down everything. NSW just gets it done without feeling the need to show off how 'careful' they are. NZ will be very busy I suspect as will Australian ski resorts. There is NO covid here, if 50,000 people can go to a footy match they should be able to go skiing. I hope common sense prevails.

·
Registered
484 Posts
It's just so sad how this is affecting so many businesses and peoples lives, yet the share market and housing prices are pumping. I'm in Noosa where rents and property prices have gone up 50% in12 months due mainly to Victorians getting out of the state and moving up here, don't blame them, just don't bring the Victorian woke 'culture' with you ok. So many people I see now living in cars also. Just glad NZ has had the opportunity to go boarding. Having said that, they just went into a 3 day lockdown! I'm buying a van and heading out west for a bit, it's all to busy around here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts