Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
941 - 960 of 977 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,500 Posts
Anyone know of cheap accomm either Falls, Buller or Hotham for 1 person?

Work is sending me on a couple of trips to Adelaide and one has 4 days in between which they were going to send me back to Darwin but I'm thinking I might take my gear and try and get 3 days riding 24-26 June - Will be ex-Melb so anyone know of a cheap lodge I can look at?

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #947 ·
Anyone know of cheap accomm either Falls, Buller or Hotham for 1 person?

Work is sending me on a couple of trips to Adelaide and one has 4 days in between which they were going to send me back to Darwin but I'm thinking I might take my gear and try and get 3 days riding 24-26 June - Will be ex-Melb so anyone know of a cheap lodge I can look at?
I wouldn't be surprised if most are booked out. Our joint has been booked out the entire Winter and 1st few weeks of spring since March. With Covid shutting down the resorts last year from August everyone is jonesing for the snow.

·
Super Moderator
1,500 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if most are booked out. Our joint has been booked out the entire Winter and 1st few weeks of spring since March. With Covid shutting down the resorts last year from August everyone is jonesing for the snow.
Yeah thought that could be the case, I'll see what happens and hopefully a cheap lodge opens up I can find.

·
Super Moderator
1,500 Posts
Looks so good, also good to see NZ South Island expecting a big dump these next few days. Looks like a crazy season but so hard to line all the ducks in a row for those 3 days I'm hoping for, plus all the gear I'll need to carry including my flying kit for work but the things we do....plus I need to convince my wife that 3 days in the snow is good for my mental health

·
Premium Member
Endeavor BOD, Fix Magnum, Burton Driver X
2,129 Posts
damn it’s looking dismal. I was gonna head over to Kune next weekend to paint the house and thought I might get some runs in but looks like it’s just gonna be painting all weekend. A slow start to the season up north again…
Hoping this is accurate from the website:
Font Rectangle Circle Symbol Triangle

It's snowing down south at least.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #957 ·
Long weekend madness is about to drop, can imagine the cues for the lift lines.
I've been flat out from dawn to dusk on my days off work all week long doing ski/snowboard waxes/setups.
It's going to be a big season with last years Covid shutdown, everyone is hanging for the Alpine.

Smart idea on the first day grooming the powder flat???

Plant Slope Font Snow Landscape
Sky Snow Plant Mountain Slope
Sky Snow Slope Tree Atmospheric phenomenon

941 - 960 of 977 Posts