Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1001 - 1020 of 1069 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,570 Posts
Well, checked in all the way through to Queenstown and now we just go through the rigmarole of security checks and lines.

Can't wait to see the mountains tomorrow flying into QT, I've heard it's incredible scenery if the weather and visibility is good 🤞

Packed both Amplids for this trip, the Surfari and the Dada which was a last minute switch from the PP.

·
Premium Member
Endeavor BOD, Fix Magnum, Burton Driver X
2,172 Posts
Welcome to Aotearoa! The weather is looking a bit shit, with rain all week. I hope the temp is lower than forecast...

If the weather is crap here's your list of activities:
That's a start!

·
Super Moderator
1,570 Posts
Welcome to Aotearoa! The weather is looking a bit shit, with rain all week. I hope the temp is lower than forecast...

If the weather is crap here's your list of activities:
That's a start!
Thanks for that, checked the forecast for the week Cardrona Mountain and I didn't think it looked to bad apart from the winds and was hoping them being SW the mountain might protect the runs a little. I've only got 5 days on the mountain so I really need/want every one of them.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Just waxing my boards ready for my next four day trip on Thursday. The trip is currently in doubt because my wife and baby daughter tested positive for covid last Tuesday. I'm still testing negative as of today but anything could happen. Wife was in bed for a couple of days but seems to be getting better now, daughter was pretty much unaffected by it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,570 Posts
Just waxing my boards ready for my next four day trip on Thursday. The trip is currently in doubt because my wife and baby daughter tested positive for covid last Tuesday. I'm still testing negative as of today but anything could happen. Wife was in bed for a couple of days but seems to be getting better now, daughter was pretty much unaffected by it.
Such a stressful period, I’ve no idea how my wife and I never tested positive these last 2 weeks. All of our work colleagues have Covid, I was declared a “Close Contact” twice in 6 days, which I never thought was a thing anymore, meant I had to do 4 RAT tests not including the additional 2 we need to do here on entry to NZ. And to top it all off I just went to get my gear sorted for tomorrow to find somehow I’ve left my bib at home :oops: so have spent the last 45 minutes trying to find something to get me through the week. Ended up picking up Burton AK GTX Cyclic pants for $450 NZD which I’ll either keep or flip pretty quick when back in Oz. I’m such a twat!

·
Premium Member
Endeavor BOD, Fix Magnum, Burton Driver X
2,172 Posts
Welcome to NZ prices :(
Thanks for that, checked the forecast for the week Cardrona Mountain and I didn't think it looked to bad apart from the winds and was hoping them being SW the mountain might protect the runs a little. I've only got 5 days on the mountain so I really need/want every one of them.
Remember that après board ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,570 Posts
Well, half a dozen runs at Cardrona, bluebird day, wind picking up and hard pack groomers. Whitestar Express chair is down for whatever reason so it's pretty busy and a little sketchy laying into some carves with so many people spread over a few runs.

Good to be back on the board, my legs are burning, nit as fit as I was 12mths ago.

·
Registered
431 Posts
That's $%#$%#$%#$%. will you be able to get a refund?
No need, my mates are still going and I have a season pass.

Pretty disappointed though, the conditions looked somewhat promising. Looking on the bright side I've got another 4 days in early September locked in and I might try sneak down for another trip if I can secure some accommodation.

·
Super Moderator
1,570 Posts
I tested positive this morning, my trip is cancelled :(
Really feel for you, the last week prior to our trip was so stressful for us so know how you feel. Hope you get some turns in this season somewhere, OZ season looks really good so lets hope it runs the distance.

All resorts I've looked at here around Wanaka and QT were closed today so drinking local beers in a pub with every other person that was going to go to the snow it seems, sooo busy in town.

Get well.

1001 - 1020 of 1069 Posts