Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1021 - 1040 of 1069 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,570 Posts
What a day!! Winds were blowing but powder stashes everywhere, no crowds and so much fun.

Getting closer to sorting the quiver out, Dada will be staying for sure 👍

·
Super Moderator
1,570 Posts
Welcome to Aotearoa! The weather is looking a bit shit, with rain all week. I hope the temp is lower than forecast...

If the weather is crap here's your list of activities:
That's a start!
The girls went to Fergburger today, the burger place was packed so they went to the bakery there. My wife reckons it's the best pie she's ever had, venison I think, just raved about it. 👍 Thanks for the heads up.

·
Premium Member
Endeavor BOD, Fix Magnum, Burton Driver X
2,172 Posts
The girls went to Fergburger today, the burger place was packed so they went to the bakery there. My wife reckons it's the best pie she's ever had, venison I think, just raved about it. 👍 Thanks for the heads up.
We usually order on the phone then go collect! Insane queues usually. Glad they liked it!

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
A few years ago I went to the Bathhouse down by the water, they had a mutton bird pie. Was one of the most delicious and interesting pies I've ever randomly had. Always been on the hunt for mutton bird mealsince!

·
Registered
2010 Burton Easyliving & airblaster kit or 22 Capita Mega Mercury and Volcom Kit
13 Posts
I've got 2 weeks from 7th Aug. So amped for it. Missed last year (first time ever) with resort Covid shutdowns just before I was going.
I hope you get better weather than us. Last 2 days have seen torrential rain. Monday and Tuesday were good though. Some called Tuesday Day of the season.
got some fun runs in followed by a hike behind our lodge to Mt Weatley for a nice pow run.
then back over to the resort for night runs after dinner. Tried to squeeze in a big day before the rain.
Wednesday and Thursday were just about making the most of it with the kids. They just ride without worrying on the rain.
We were supposed to be going home tonight but have managed to get an extra night, so hoping for a bit of fresh after the rain.
Cloud Sky Snow Goggles Mountain

Snow Sky Mountain Slope Outdoor recreation

Snow Blue Slope Tree Terrain

Sky Cloud Snow Sports equipment Snowboarding
Sky Water Water resources Cloud Freezing

·
Premium Member
3,696 Posts
Fergburger has ruined burgers for me, I'm yet to find a spot in Canada/USA that comes even close. My early/spring season weeks spent in Queenstown usually involved a dozen or so burgers per 2-3 week trip :love:

I'm also fairly sure Queenstown has a Burton flagship store? There were always plenty of Customs kicking around when I was there, but wouldn't be surprised if that sharehold has only grown in the past few years. Glad you got the goods on and off the mountain!

·
Super Moderator
1,570 Posts
Might have to leave Wanaka a couple of hours early tomorrow to have another look around the stores and visit Fergburger before flying out.

Another windy day, on hold again now so coffee time. So icy out there this morning, the wind is a real killer. I'd be surprised if anything is open after lunch, predicting over 100kmph winds again. TC didn't open, QT expecting heavy rain but still, where else would you rather be!

I see Aus resorts are also being hit by rain and wind holds, feel for everyone on trips, fickle game this snow travel

·
Super Moderator
1,570 Posts
I will say, the bus trips each morning and afternoon up and down the Mountain are worth every penny of the trip.

After 4 days my body also hurts, will have to start looking at rest days for longer trips 😂

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,036 ·
I will say, the bus trips each morning and afternoon up and down the Mountain are worth every penny of the trip.

After 4 days my body also hurts, will have to start looking at rest days for longer trips 😂
I'm about to feel this same pain, 2 weeks of riding on muscles that aren't normally used day to day. I'll just have to slow it down and not try to charge too hard from day 1.

·
Super Moderator
1,570 Posts
I'm about to feel this same pain, 2 weeks of riding on muscles that aren't normally used day to day. I'll just have to slow it down and not try to charge too hard from day 1.
The days come good and the groomers have loosened up a little and there's no crowds so it's turned out a good day. I mean it's always a good day when you can walk away with maybe just a little muscle pain. I'm feeling pretty good, my thighs were burning the first couple of days but now I've cleaned my technique up a little I'm feeling much better.

Pretty impressed with the Dada, getting more confidence in the board and it really likes to be leaned right over on the edge but is also super loose in those powder pockets. Certainly turning into my new favourite board. Only had the Surfari out once this trip

Reactions: Craig64
1021 - 1040 of 1069 Posts