Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1041 - 1060 of 1069 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,570 Posts
Well, as quick as that trip came just as quick it goes. Sitting in the airport lounge at QT, heading Melbourne and then late tonight Darwin.

Great fun as usual, challenging conditions and learned a lot about my current quiver and myself as a rider on what I like, where I’m comfortable and future needs and more importantly don’t needs. Probably took a trip like this to work out I’m 47 and not 27 LOL.

Great place NZ South Island, very lucky for those that live here and thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.

Now to look towards Japan I think Feb/Mar. Only way in atm I believe may be booking through an agent/tour so will keep an eye on that but no doubt work will want its pound of flesh between Monday and then.

For those with trips upcoming, enjoy and hopefully everything works out, it’s much more stressful travelling now days than it was 3 or 4 years ago. To the point where that tickle in the throat late in the trip can cost you another $5k and delay your trip home.

@JDA sorry about your trip man, I hope things work out and when you do get on the mountain the weather gods are kind.

After 6 days of drinking Wanaka Ale someone finally put me onto the Hazy Pale Ale, much better.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,044 ·
Well, as quick as that trip came just as quick it goes. Sitting in the airport lounge at QT, heading Melbourne and then late tonight Darwin.

Great fun as usual, challenging conditions and learned a lot about my current quiver and myself as a rider on what I like, where I’m comfortable and future needs and more importantly don’t needs. Probably took a trip like this to work out I’m 47 and not 27 LOL.

Great place NZ South Island, very lucky for those that live here and thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.

Now to look towards Japan I think Feb/Mar. Only way in atm I believe may be booking through an agent/tour so will keep an eye on that but no doubt work will want its pound of flesh between Monday and then.

For those with trips upcoming, enjoy and hopefully everything works out, it’s much more stressful travelling now days than it was 3 or 4 years ago. To the point where that tickle in the throat late in the trip can cost you another $5k and delay your trip home.

@JDA sorry about your trip man, I hope things work out and when you do get on the mountain the weather gods are kind.

After 6 days of drinking Wanaka Ale someone finally put me onto the Hazy Pale Ale, much better.
All packed ready to go tommorow. NT I wish I was 47. I'm plus 11 years on top of you. Feel like 18 in the head but the body is long past that. Charge hard as you only live one.

·
Super Moderator
1,570 Posts
All packed ready to go tommorow. NT I wish I was 47. I'm plus 11 years on top of you. Feel like 18 in the head but the body is long past that. Charge hard as you only live one.
The charging is ok, it's the park that scares me now 🤣🤣 have a great trip

Reactions: Craig64

·
Super Moderator
1,570 Posts
Hey all, I've got someone interested in a board I'm looking to move on who has contacted me about using StarTrack Delivery Services see screen grabs below. Has anyone used this and does it seem legit, I'm always overly cautious with things like this so might be jumping at shadows so just seeing if anyone can shed some light.

Looks a bit scammy M'cScamface to me, think I'll just stick with the PayPal money in account or board doesn't leave approach.

Font Screenshot Material property Technology Electronic device

Communication Device Font Mobile device Gadget Portable communications device

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hey all, I've got someone interested in a board I'm looking to move on who has contacted me about using StarTrack Delivery Services see screen grabs below. Has anyone used this and does it seem legit, I'm always overly cautious with things like this so might be jumping at shadows so just seeing if anyone can shed some light.

Looks a bit scammy M'cScamface to me, think I'll just stick with the PayPal money in account or board doesn't leave approach.
Looks suspect to me too. The grammar is dodgy in a couple of places, and the part about two-factor encryption keys doesn't make sense (I work in tech)

The branding and terms and conditions also don't match the real website for startrack courier

But Startrack don't have the best reputation so it could be genuine even taking into account the above.

I would say if you have the slightest doubt, give it a pass.

What board are you selling btw?

·
Super Moderator
1,570 Posts
Looks suspect to me too. The grammar is dodgy in a couple of places, and the part about two-factor encryption keys doesn't make sense (I work in tech)

The branding and terms and conditions also don't match the real website for startrack courier

But Startrack don't have the best reputation so it could be genuine even taking into account the above.

I would say if you have the slightest doubt, give it a pass.

What board are you selling btw?
The Korua Pocket Rocket. It's probably more of a board for someone with easy access to the mountain I think, for me doing air-travel all the time I can't really see it being part of 2 boards I'd take anywhere, maybe Japan, Niseko. I really enjoyed the Dada this last trip as a fun board so seeing what interest there is in the Korua as a new un-used board.

·
Super Moderator
1,570 Posts
Guys if the domain name in the browser is legit, e.g. auspost.com.au then it’s not a phishing site.

If you’ve been sent a link in an email or something else, check it goes to the same legit domain name by hovering over it.
Yeah there wasn't a link and just a screen grab. Interesting he contacted me through whatsapp, I couldn't find the page online which made me a bit suspicous

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm calling it a scam, and the 'buyer' a dodgy khunt. Do you have the board advertised anywhere else, or just this forum?
I would say that if the buyer was legitimate, they would have posted publicly, or PMed you via this forum.
contacting you via whatsapp screams scammer, IMO.

Also, paypal can be and is gamed by scammers.
Paypal is great for buyers, and ratshit for sellers. if you can't provide proper proof of postage of an item, and that it went to the correct authorised person, say goodbye to your money AND your board.

I would be asking for funds transferred into a bank account, and only after the funds are cleared (not pending, or any of that bullshit) would you send the board.
Also the screen grab thing seems a bit off.
organise the postage/transport of the board yourself, with tracking and insurance. There are a bunch of ways a buyer can claim that they never received the goods.

reading through those screen grabs, it seems to indicate that the buyer pays you for the board via startrack. That alone sounds Fkg dodgy. the ONLY payment to startrack would be for the transport of the item/your board.

I don't think Startrack will take any object longer than 1100mm, as acc to the startrack site it wont work with their automated parcel tracking or somesuch. could be wrong on that.

You could get a quote from Pack n Send.

·
Registered
2010 Burton Easyliving & airblaster kit or 22 Capita Mega Mercury and Volcom Kit
13 Posts
Trip 1 for 2022 done and dusted 1-6/8. Real mixed bag of conditions from Day of the season calls on Tuesday to Noah’s ark being brought in for evac on wednesday.

But a lot of fun was had and new boards went well for all the family!
It was clear that 2 years off was bad for the kids progression, so we made the most of conditions and rode in the rain just to get the kids back into the feel again. I was feeling pretty rusty myself, combination of fitness or lack thereof as well as new board/binding combo. After a decade on my Easyliving going back to camber was bit of a learning curve, but the Mega merc really got me having a lot of fun again at speed and carving.

Pretty Valley loaded after reset on Friday night 5/8
Sky Snow Slope Cloud Highland

Family Quiver Monday Morning 1/8
Sky Cloud Snow Sports equipment Snowboarding

Little sample of Depth before the rain came and took it away 1/8
Snow Blue Slope Tree Terrain

Tuesday afternoon hike before night riding. Followed some splitboarders tracks before heading up Mt Weatley. 2/8
Cloud Sky Atmosphere Snow Mountain

Firework run 2/8
Cloud Snow Sky Outdoor recreation Slope

last day, couldn’t resist popping into this little section 6/8
Snow Sky Slope Tree Atmospheric phenomenon

Flooding during the rain event Wednesday. 3/8
Sky Cloud Snow Water Slope

1041 - 1060 of 1069 Posts