Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1081 - 1100 of 1126 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,594 Posts
Picked up my 2023 Salomon Dancehaul today, this thing is beautiful 👌
A present to myself for missing out on the last trip, I'm heading down for 4 days next week.
Awesome pick up @JDA - looks like great conditions so here's hoping they continue on for you, can't wait to hear how that board shreds.

·
Premium Member
Endeavor BOD, Fix Magnum, Burton Driver X
2,190 Posts
Went up Mt Ruapehu with @motleybeast this week for a couple of days despite the lack of snow. At Whakapapa you couldn't ride under the Skywaka gondola for lack of snow, and only T bars were running further up. But there were three of them including the FarWest T. After lunch we decided to walk as far up as we could from there to take advantage of the softening snow. Ended up getting all the way to the crater lake, 1.5 hours of hard slog later... Jesus that was exhausting. The ride down was awesome, the crust wasn't too thick and it was soft enough for the surfy feeling with big lazy carves. The last time I walked to the crater was almost 20 years ago so this was a decent effort!

Sky Atmosphere Plant Ecoregion Mountain

Sky Tire Mountain Wheel Car

Sky Mountain Slope Geological phenomenon Mountain range

Sky Mountain Snow Slope Natural landscape

Sky Snow Slope Sports equipment Geological phenomenon

Sky Snow Cloud Mountain Slope

Sky Mountain Snow Slope People in nature

Sky Cloud Snow Mountain Slope

Sky Snow Slope Ice cap Highland

·
Registered
21 Posts
First reply to this thread! Here's a few snaps from an on foot outing to mt. Selwyn last week.
Found plenty of rideable snow with only the ghostly remnants of tracks left by another Snowboarder possibly a week prior? Was out for a few hours and got 10-15 good runs before deciding I would have to crawl back up if I went down again 🤣.

Also, anyone keen to offload any old plate bindings they're not attached to? (Pun wholly intended)
I've just picked up some atomic backland carbons on ebay for a pretty neat price, with the intention of gradually piecing together a split setup, but I'm keen to try them out on a mid 90s F2 alpine board I've also recently acquired for a steal.
Otherwise I'll likely just pick up the cheapest ones I can find on ebay.

Sky Snow Plant Cloud Slope
Sky Cloud Ecoregion Snow Natural environment

Cloud Sky Atmosphere Plant Snow
Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Trunk Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
1,594 Posts
So I was hoping to do Japow Jan/Feb 23 with the family but now both my daughters are doing a Japan exchange with school mid 2023 so I'm thinking of looking elsewhere. Any suggestions for great snow around that time?

I was thinking US or Canada but the cost and crowds worry me, maybe Europe, an Alps trip but have no idea where to start.

The other option is maybe as a family we do 5 days Niseko and my wife suggested that I stay for another week and maybe do Rusutsu - feels like a trap but was her idea 🤣🤣

·
Registered
459 Posts
So I was hoping to do Japow Jan/Feb 23 with the family but now both my daughters are doing a Japan exchange with school mid 2023 so I'm thinking of looking elsewhere. Any suggestions for great snow around that time?

I was thinking US or Canada but the cost and crowds worry me, maybe Europe, an Alps trip but have no idea where to start.

The other option is maybe as a family we do 5 days Niseko and my wife suggested that I stay for another week and maybe do Rusutsu - feels like a trap but was her idea 🤣🤣
2 weeks of japow. Officially sanctioned. Lock that in quick smart!

·
Registered
458 Posts
I just got back from my last 4 day trip to Perisher which means the end of my 2022 snow season.

We had a real mix of conditions over the four days, spring slush, some firmer conditions and even some fresh snow.
I did take a few boards with me as per usual but I ended up riding my brand new Salomon Dancehaul exclusively for all 4 days. The Dancehaul is extremely versatile I found, the only area it maybe lacked was carving at higher speeds due to its softer flex and tighter sidecut radius, but these things also made it super fun and playful. It has a very easy to access pop off the tail and loves to do extra long tail wheelies at speed. I found it great for doing freestyle and I am even considering selling my Capita Outerspace living as I feel I can do everything it does on the Dancehaul and more....

1081 - 1100 of 1126 Posts