Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1121 - 1124 of 1124 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Just booked flights to Japan for February next year, going with 3 of my mates, 2 of which have never been before. We are planning a big trip in 2024 so this one is just going to be inexpensive and a reasonably short 7 days of snowboarding in Hakuba using our epic passes.

so stoked!!!
I also have a trip to Japan in February with 3 of my mates for 7 days at Hakuba for our Epic passes :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
1,594 Posts
Last trip we stayed at Echoland, good spot, close to base camp to get shuttles between the various mountains, good food and drink options and great vibe. Almost like the Bali of Japan with the number of Aussies staying in that area.

Not sure where I’ll be going this season in Japan, would like to get up North but maybe Hakuna or Nozawa Onsen

·
Registered
457 Posts
This will be my 7th time to Japan, I've been to over 30 different ski resorts already in areas such as Hakuba, Myoko, Fukushima (Bandai), Yamagata (Zao Onsen) and several resorts up on Hokkaido.

I've stayed close to Echoland on 2 of previous trips but last time we went to Hakuba we stayed on snow in Tsugaike which I really enjoyed. Sure there are less dining options and no clubs (which I don't care about anyway) but when it dumps I really like being at Tsugaike resort for the tree runs.

For 2024 I'm keen to try some different areas, I've done a couple of powder hunting tours before with Powder Recon where they get you to different resorts each day for first chair and take you directly to the tree lines you would normally take weeks to discover. They offer an 8 day tour that travels around some areas of Honshu I haven't been before.

1121 - 1124 of 1124 Posts