Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since show season, Arbor has been hard at work with there new factory partners and has done a lot of reshaping and updating to the designs that we had reported here earlier after WWSRA and SIA. I wanted to give you guys an update on that and show you what will be showing up for your riding pleasure in a few months. STOKED!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Why there is a R close to the watchtower and tha A frame?? They are camber they need a big C; I would prefer a rocker but they stay with a camber for the powder series.

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The guy in charge of building the PDF's just got demoted. :)

Some details:

A-Frame and Watchtower - We took the existing sidecut, flex, and waist width of the current designs and added a drawn out nose and squared off tail. The additions give the boards a more contemporary design language for directional big mountain lines. When combined with their "stringer" wood topsheets, both models now feel like the classic rockets they were intended to be. The tip and tail heights have been lowered from 380 ramps to the 550 radius used on the new Coda. This creates a sleek, lowered look and much improved float. Expect the same amazing edge hold as before with better performance in deep snow. These models are true-to-form classic camber machines - mountain guns that now feature a more contemporary take on the directional experience.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Are the Watchtower or A-Frame setback with stance? What is their largest size they come in? Are they supposed to be featured as pow decks?

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are the Watchtower or A-Frame setback with stance? What is their largest size they come in? Are they supposed to be featured as pow decks?
The A-Frame was setback 2 inches and was positioned as a big Mountain gun and the largest size was 170. The Watchtower is wider and had a max size of 167.

From the info so far the other design elements will remain the same and no updates to the previously provided and expected sizes have been mentioned.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Found all the specs with the 2014 Arbor catalogue :)

Has anyone actually tested these two boards out? They look great but wondering how they ride. wondering if you could put them in the class of Rossignols Experience / XV or Venture Storm?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Dang, those boards look so sexy! I really like the natural wood look and the choices Arbor makes for the wood grain, pattern, and other graphics is fantastic. Their boards look simple, but I prefer the natural look compared to a board with complex graphics that make my head hurt.

I probably shouldn't pick a board based on graphics, but luckily, Arbor makes kick-ass boards too :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
whats the difference between the whiskey and formula?
Here are the Arbor update notes on those models:

Formula & Whiskey - We felt it was time to give this important shape a more contemporary look and further increase the wow factor when customers see the price tag of these models. The idea was to slim it down a bit and give it a flavor that felt fresh and modern. I think we nailed it. Similar shapes can be seen from other brands at much higher price points. Matching our overall on-mountain design philosophy - we dropped the tips from 380 to 400 and lengthened the transition zones to create both added float and cleaner performance. Another very important note on these models - they will no longer be produced with the Mission core - our former low-end composite offering, which has been discontinued. Going forward all boards with Mission cores will now utilize our full-length wood Medicine core. This change will absolutely improve performance with a lighter more responsive ride. The combined shape and core change will make all three of these boards much better offerings at their respective price points.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dang, those boards look so sexy! I really like the natural wood look and the choices Arbor makes for the wood grain, pattern, and other graphics is fantastic. Their boards look simple, but I prefer the natural look compared to a board with complex graphics that make my head hurt.

I probably shouldn't pick a board based on graphics, but luckily, Arbor makes kick-ass boards too :thumbsup:
You aren't alone. i just had the biggest wrench thrown in my plans for what i want to buy for next season. It's a good thing we have summer to decide and look at catalogs. :D

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Wired out of curiosity this is the new catalog not the ones at SIA right?
Yes sir. This came in a dealer email on the 15th with descriptions of the updates/changes that we can expect for fall. I had posted some photos after the shows of the samples that were displayed there but these changes have happened since then. The email ended with, "there is more to come" and I will be sure to post here as we learn more.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi Wired sorry but my English is not so good; did arbor change the line of 2014?? The catalogue of 2014 saw on zuzupopo is wrong?? Did they do something for powder wide and rocker???
Thanks

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
Yes sir. This came in a dealer email on the 15th with descriptions of the updates/changes that we can expect for fall. I had posted some photos after the shows of the samples that were displayed there but these changes have happened since then. The email ended with, "there is more to come" and I will be sure to post here as we learn more.
Thanks for that clarification. They've kind of gone silent with me since Elan decided to go Kaput. Thankfully I don't think there's any changes from the decks I was sent to what's listed in your photos.

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Wired sorry but my English is not so good; did arbor change the line of 2014?? The catalogue of 2014 saw on zuzupopo is wrong?? Did they do something for powder wide and rocker???
Thanks
Yes, these are changes to the 2014 line. I am unsure what Zuzupopo has listed on their site. Please post a link so we can compare.

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That catalogue is no longer correct. Many of the boards have had updates since that was produced and will not appear as they do in that catalogue. The changes that I am aware of are posted above but there may be more announced in the upcoming months.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Let us know when and where we can find the new catalogue; do you know if they do a powder board with the rocker?? Maybe the watchtower and A frame are really R (the system rocker) this would be a real news!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts