Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After researching a ton of boards and watching dozens of reviews I decided to pull the trigger on the Annex. I can't wait to get this thing out...headed to Park City this weekend, Sun Valley in a few weeks and Whistler in late Feb. I was torn on bindings...was going to get another pair of NOW Drives or the Jones Mercury but went a whole different direction and picked up some Burton Malavita Leathers. The straps feel reeeeal comfy so we'll see. Reviews to follow!

·
Registered
18 Posts
How are you liking the Annex? It intrigued me, but not enough info or reviews to drop that kind of cash.
I saw a 156 in great condition at the REI garage sale. At least 50% off. Wish I would have seen this earlier! It looks super rad but is much too narrow for me

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How are you liking the Annex? It intrigued me, but not enough info or reviews to drop that kind of cash.
I took it out to PC in December and Sun Valley a few weeks ago and to be honest it wasnt what I thought it was going to be at first. My initial thoughts were that it was not as maneuverable as my K2, which took me by surprise. I had trouble making tight turns in the trees and lumps. The thing did bomb though, just not as quick edge to edge.

I just went on another trip to VT last weekend and made some adjustments to my bindings...mainly moving my back foot up further on the board....and HOLY HELL, I can't believe how much it changed the feel of the board. Quick turns, edge to edge, and still bombs straight lines. Super impressed now and a sign of relief after I dropped that kind of coin on a board I wasn't overly satisfied with the first couple of times out. I didnt think small adjustments would make that big of a difference but it did. I have a couple more trips coming up this month, including NH and BC. If I remember, I'll try to get on here to post up a full review.

Jon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts