Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hard to find any info on this board, but it's pretty new and there isn't much on the intrawebz. Anybody here try it? How does the 3d shaping affect carving, edge hold? Any comparisons to other higher end freeride/pow boards? TIA.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought one this off season. Only thing I could really find about it was a discussion between Kevin and Avran on the Angry Snowboarder podcast where Kevin says everybody he talked to who demo'd the board had great things to say about it. I also started a thread about this board here and Kevin responded saying he recommends the board, and that it is basically a budget a-frame. However, it's a little softer and more all-mountain focused than the a-frame, which is a very stiff freeride board.

I bought a 162 and I can tell you the nose is quite big and the stance is pretty well set back. There seems to be a fair amount of rocker in the nose though none of the marketing seems to talk about that. Arbor says it is system camber. Mine has quite a bit of camber to it - a lot more than my Jones Mountain Twin when laying them side by side. The grip tech bumps are easily visible at the inserts. Because of the set back, the tail is pretty short from the rear insert back.

Unfortunately I can't tell you how it rides because I haven't ridden mine yet. I have high hopes for it to be a solid front-side carver as well as a good big mountain board.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
Its a good slightly mellower more all mountain freeride boards. If you've read anything about the A-Frame the new Crosscut is just a mellowed out A-Frame. In Arbors line, it's more all mountain than a Clovis, more pow than a Guch, and less aggressive than an A-Frame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts