Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive just recently purchases a jones mountain twin, im doing a instructor course in banff from January and im stuck on which bindings to pair it with, the arbor cypress looks perfect but the ratchets are concerning me, but i also like the look of the burton cartels and malavita but how much does of the stance adjust ability do you lose without a burton board? also does anyone have any helmet recommendation?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm keen on the arbor cypress but i have seen multiple reviews saying the hardware is poor quality - screws stripping after first use, or loosening or falling out. Which is a shame as the product looks like great quality.

Think i may have to go union ultra instead but they're an extra $150!
But i like high end products that perform well and don't compromise with my gear so might have to.

Anyone got thoughts/experience?

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
Don't sweat the ratchets. They're solid bindings. Go em.
OP - Did you get the cypress?

@Nivek
- cypress vs union ultra vs genx?

all mountain/freeride reasonably responsive binding.

thanks
Cypress or Rome Katana.

I'm keen on the arbor cypress but i have seen multiple reviews saying the hardware is poor quality - screws stripping after first use, or loosening or falling out. Which is a shame as the product looks like great quality.

But i like high end products that perform well and don't compromise with my gear so might have to.

My issue with the Ultra is the high back. Full carbon highbacks are brittle and offer little response benefit in return. As an alternative look at the Rome Katana or Targa, Now Drive, and if you gotta have carbon the Now Recon or Ride El Hefe, which I own. Carbon slimeback is rad as the urethane layers make the high back more resilient to impact. Still carbon though.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Don't sweat the ratchets. They're solid bindings. Go em.
OP - Did you get the cypress?

@Nivek
- cypress vs union ultra vs genx?

all mountain/freeride reasonably responsive binding.

thanks
Cypress or Rome Katana.

My issue with the Ultra is the high back. Full carbon highbacks are brittle and offer little response benefit in return. As an alternative look at the Rome Katana or Targa, Now Drive, and if you gotta have carbon the Now Recon or Ride El Hefe, which I own. Carbon slimeback is rad as the urethane layers make the high back more resilient to impact. Still carbon though.
@Nivek have you experienced the issues with the arbor cypress hardwear as described above?

OP I’d avoid the ultra. It’s far too expensive for what you get.
If you go union then falcor is another option. Though still has carbon I think?

I think Nivek rates the falcor quite high but from what I can see the katana and cypress beats it

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Katana are really really good bindings however I found they have a rather large deadspot despite having a mini disk. Also the part where the highback attached to the bundings always gouge boots pretty badly. Kinda sucks when you pay good money for boots.

They are SUPER comfortable and damp though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts