Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

First off, apologies! as I know these questions get asked all the time! :eek: but I have tried my best to search and couldn't quite find the info I needed.

So just a quick question! Basically, I have the opportunity to pick up an Arbor Draft (previous season 2012) for a pretty good deal but I'm torn between getting the 150 or the 153 :unsure:

I currently ride a Salomon Drift Rocker 152 that I really like, I'm about 5'11" and just under 150lbs and will be riding park/indoor pretty much exclusively.

Any help? Leaning a little more towards the 150 for the jibbing, boxes/rails etc.

Thanks in advance!

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Actually I'm going to go against the trend here and say 153 if you'll do ANY jumping or carving with it.

For just butters, boxes and rails then the 150.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input everyone :thumbsup:

Still not 100% sure now :laugh: but still thinking of going with your advice with the shorter 150 as even if I do hit jumps indoors they don't really compare, only small features...the effective edge is only ~1cm shorter than that of my current Salomon Drift Rocker 152 too (116.9cm vs. 118cm I believe...) so hoping it'll be OK...

anymore views or opinions before I buy? they'd be greatly appreciated. Just want to be sure that I'm looking at it all right before laying down the cash and because of any difference in the Arbor/Salomon profiles that the sizes I'm looking at make sense...

Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey

Sorry to post again :blush: but just wanted try and canvas any further opinion before I buy please :)

So what d'you guys think?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Honestly it won't make any difference whatsoever. You won't be able to tell the difference if your new board is one cm longer or 2 cm shorter. Personally I'd probably get the 153 because you'll probably be adding a little bit of weight sometime relatively soon considering your current height/weight ratio. But just pick one, it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool

Thanks for your input Rookie09 :thumbsup: understand it may not be that likely if I'd notice or not but when you're parting with the cash just keen to get people's views upfront to hopefully get the right one :)

Definitely made me think harder n perhaps a little more about the 153 now

:dizzy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts