Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the hunt for a new splitboard set-up after upgrading to the new Spark R&D bindings last year. I mostly ride southern california and eastern sierras but will be going to Japan in January too. I'm undecided between the Arbor Abacus and Venture Storm. I'm leaning towards the Arbor because of cost but i'm confident i'd like the Venture more.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I can't speak to the Arbor, but I do own a Storm split. Have ridden it for two seasons. It's a great powder board and overall freeride board. That probably doesn't help much, but ....

Edit: I looked at the Arbor online and saw it has those Karokoram clips. I tried a board with those and pretty much hated them, prefer the old fashioned Voile Chinese hooks

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
where do you split in so cal out of curiosity?

I've read somewhere people/guides/locals prefer shoes in Japan, but don't take my word for it...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. As far as locally, I usually hit up Mt Waterman since they almost never open. But I was scouting some other stuff in that area this summer. I'm also planning on hitting up some Eastern Sierra stuff around Lone Pine this year too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts