Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I got a great deal on a pair of Large Malavitas and my old boots fit them snug, they were a crappy old pair of Lamar's I bought at an MC sports years ago. I was at my local shop and found some Zoom Force 1's and they really fit well and got rid of my heel lift (I wasn't planning on buying boots or I would have waited to buy the bindings). I went from a size 11 in the Lamar's to a 10 in the ZF1s. Are my large bindings to wide? Should I get some mediums? I strapped them in and tried as hard as I could to move them and they only flex with the bindings as far as I could tell. Here are some pics, let me know.

Thanks

Here they are unstrapped.

Here they are strapped in.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Can you get the straps tight over the boots? To the point that you know they won't be slipping?

Also, are you comfortable with them that tight?

If you answered yes to all three, you'll be fine. If you're concerned and can afford it, It might not hurt to take your boots into a shop and try some mediums.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The answer to all 3 is yes. I didn't take the pics with the boots on, but I have tried them on and they feel comfortable and tight enough. THanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
I have Flow bindings and this is fairly common. The binding base is wider in order to let your boot slide in and out. It made me nervous the first few rides, but I was fine after that.

If anything, I like it at this point. When I strap in traditionally (standing, of course), it's easier to put my boot down in the footbed first try. When I tried this in other bindings I would sometimes catch the edge (strap connector) and the pressure would cause the board to slide a bit. No big deal, in the least, but it's a perk to have the extra real estate IMO.

Happy Shredding. :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Should've gotten the mediums. I believe Burton revised their size medium range: now it goes 8-11 (especially with slimmer boots).

I'd consider changing your bindings to medium for better fit.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just took them out today and they worked perfectly for anyone who happens to come across this thread wondering if thats too much space or not. I would try mediums before I would just got with a large but since I already had the larges, and had no intentions of buying new boots when I bought the bindings, I am not going to waste money looking at mediums when these work perfectly fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts