Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding for a long time now. I am a very aggresive rider. I have a lib tech trs which I love. I really want to buy like the fastest board I can. I know that sounds stupid, I guess sinthered base is the fastest and I assume the longer the board the faster u should be able to go. I just broke 60 this year and I really want to keep pushing for more but it seems I can't get my board to go any quicker. If u guys know of any board that are like known for there ability to pick up speed and maintain a good clean ride please lmk. Def have some time but I'd like to pick up something soon. Thanks for any input.

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,139 Posts
I know there have been other threads on this, so you might want to do a search.

Nonetheless - Salomon Burner.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,450 Posts
Hubby goes pretty fast (77mph on the nicely groomed race slope) on Burton Custom X (around 162) and NS Raptor 164. Don't know if these have especially fast bases or are especially suitable for higher speeds, just know that he's fine pushing them as fast as our slopes allow, straight line top to bottom. Very sure, my Jones Flagship would keep up with them, but can't tell with certainty, I didn't try, I'm afraid of such speeds ;)

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Gain weight and find steeper slopes. You'll go faster.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
shitty snowklinger: i'm a dick because i love you (not to OP even really..)

Because I always do come on these threads as my civic duty and say "SLOW THE FUCK DOWN!"

If you wanna go 80mph so bad, why don't you grow a pair and learn to go 35mph off a 60 foot booter? I'm pretty sure that if you are as good as you think you are you would already be hitting said booters and not be asking this question. The slightest mistake (or unseen snow variable) at the speeds you guys are talking about can send you into "name that obstacle" for pretty much instant death.

If you think it can't happen to you, go visit the mountain clinic at a busy resort.

everyones top speed and this thread are dumb

BOO

:thumbsdown:

I can dual snowboard a couple macdonalds trays down a cliff pretty fast...

:storm:

if you don't believe it, Keystone is calling you with death on the wing.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Depends what you wanna spend. Get a custom made BX board if you really just wanna go fast and turn. But I don't recommend riding it in powder for risk of shark fins.

If production:
Ride Highlife, Signal OG, Burton Custom X, K2 Ultra Dream, Nitro Pantera, Venture Odin (Johan Olofsson's board), Rossi XV, Flow Maverick, Salomon Burner or Mans Board, Jones Flagship, or a YES PYL.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
TRS has a "TNT" base which is some variant of extruded, which is supposedly slower than sintered but faster than other extruded, so they claim. I don't actually have a clue (even though I have a TRS). There are also different types of sintered. Sintered 2000, sintered 6000, etc. I don't know how big of a difference that makes either.

Whenever this comes up it's a lot of theory and people just talking out of their asses based on what the internet or the product sheet said (so like what I am doing right now basically). It would be cool to see some actual data from a proper test rather than someone's experiences.

It's hard to do it even remotely scientifically because its different with every rider/every day/every run and even wax makes a difference. Some are just obviously faster than others I think, but as for which are the absolute fastest and by how much, I'd be curious if there is any way of really knowing.

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
Anything with a clean black base... As in NO GRAPHICS

Cos black is faster than white and or colours... ;)

·
The Swiss Miss
7,450 Posts
Gain weight and find steeper slopes. You'll go faster.
Two guys, same board/model/year/size/wax/slope/hour/experience/dumbness. The one with 30lbs more is always faster.

everyones top speed and this thread are dumb.
Totally agree with you. I give them shit every time they do these I'm-faster-than-you contests when I'm not around. Was very happy, when both bought telly skies for groomer days to find a new challenge. To handle two planks will stop them from racing, I thought... But guess what's happening now...?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Wouldnt one of those alpine boards with the hard boots be the quickest way back to the lift line? Every time i see those guys, bindings set at like 60 degres, they always seem to be hauling ass.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Hardbooters haul ass while turning, softbooters generally haul ass in a straight line (flat basing!!!!!)

Any board with a graphite base and razor sharp edges will be the fastest

·
Registered
745 Posts
Learning to ride longer lines will increase your speed more so than any snowboard will do for you.... People can go pretty fast on a board their is no magic to it but being able to go that fast.......

·
Registered
947 Posts
I hate where this forum went with all the new people trying to gain respect by being more mature then the person next to them. Honestly, who gives a fuck.... about anything.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
When did we all become Mountain Safety?

Dude wants to go fast, he asked what boards go fast. He's a big boy, I think he can weigh the risks for himself.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts