Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
139 Posts
There’s that Karma! Told you !
You scored on that deal! Congrats
I’d upgrade the toe straps to the new Supergrip 2.0’s. They won’t match that cool looking colour but for the price, who cares!
You’ll be king of the mountain in those bad boys!

· Registered
3,116 Posts
As long as there are no real stress issues in the binding and the hardware is there and good, yeah. The Cartel has barely changed in like 10 years.
Pretty sure the older Cartels like yours are fortunate as they are closer in baseplate composite construction to the newer Cartel X ie stiff. Look in good condition for $US70 ($AU100)...., superb price.

· Premium Member
502 Posts
Holy shot these things are Siiick!!! Mint condition and a stellar price:) I gave away a board to a guy last week so I feel like this is my good Karma. Thanks for all the replies.. Stay Sendy!! ✨🤙🏼 View attachment 166303
Are you putting the Cartels on your Standard?

How are you liking that board btw? I am riding mine for the first time this Friday.

· Registered
Yes Standard
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Reflex camera Camera Camera lens Digital camera Automotive design

Are you putting the Cartels on your Standard?

How are you liking that board btw? I am riding mine for the first time this Friday.
Yeah I’m putting them on the Standard and fucking Stoked!!! I got Malavitas on there now, but need some more response. the Vitas are a little soft for that board now that I play around with these sick ass Cartels on the board. Still great bindings though Exactly what I was looking for and will have me popping even higher:)

The board is fantastic I would say! Even centered this thing floats on powder excellently. Never wanted to set it back even at Bakers heavy ass snow.. Have never used the slam backs but it’s a nice option… It boosts like crazy, super buttery and playful for a 7/10 stiffness. Torsional flex is perfect and the Midbite has saved my ass plenty and when it takes over in carve you can really ankle steer this thing perfectly. Bombs down hills yet you can skid a turn at high speeds without shitting your bibs. Ha the width of the board makes it have plenty of landing gear for jumps.. makes sense cause this is basically an All-Mountain freestyle board.
I actually tried a K2 passport cause of the hype and it was cool, but the edge hold was not great compared to the midbite.. and it was not noticeably better in pow and not as nimble as the Standard.
I ride a 151 at 140 lbs and 9.5 boot are recommended by Yes.

What made you get the Standard? :) .. and do you like the Dynamo you have?

· Registered
Yes Standard
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What size are those? I'll give you $100 for them.....I just like the colors. Philly Eagles colors-ish.
Medium .. how about $75 and I pay shipping?

😂 Bro are you serious??! Not to be a choda, but I have been waiting to pick up something like these for a long time and turning around and selling them would be silly af. sorry no can do

· Premium Member
502 Posts
View attachment 166358

Yeah I’m putting them on the Standard and fucking Stoked!!! I got Malavitas on there now, but need some more response. the Vitas are a little soft for that board now that I play around with these sick ass Cartels on the board. Still great bindings though Exactly what I was looking for and will have me popping even higher:)

The board is fantastic I would say! Even centered this thing floats on powder excellently. Never wanted to set it back even at Bakers heavy ass snow.. Have never used the slam backs but it’s a nice option… It boosts like crazy, super buttery and playful for a 7/10 stiffness. Torsional flex is perfect and the Midbite has saved my ass plenty and when it takes over in carve you can really ankle steer this thing perfectly. Bombs down hills yet you can skid a turn at high speeds without shitting your bibs. Ha the width of the board makes it have plenty of landing gear for jumps.. makes sense cause this is basically an All-Mountain freestyle board.
I actually tried a K2 passport cause of the hype and it was cool, but the edge hold was not great compared to the midbite.. and it was not noticeably better in pow and not as nimble as the Standard.
I ride a 151 at 140 lbs and 9.5 boot are recommended by Yes.

What made you get the Standard? :) .. and do you like the Dynamo you have?
Thanks for sharing your experience.

I renewed my love of twin boards last season when I got my Asymulator and started riding more switch. I love the idea of a Quiver Killer and a twin with powder capability. I also wanted to try a Yes. board with mid bite and have a mid-wide board for stability.

I wanted to balance my quiver, as I now have 2 directional/set back boards and 2 twins.

I love my Dynamo: versatile, can charge & also be laid back, blends the best of a freeride & freestyle board in a directional shape, the magne traction is mild, and can handle powder.

· Not quite reformed yet
8,576 Posts
Good deal, wow that forward lean is intense.
Haha yeah I noticed that!!
Wow, that is some fwd lean! Holy smokes.
Jeebuz,.. is all this fwd lean astonishment a “Park Rat” thing? I got at least that much dialed in to ALL my boards. (…altho asymmetrically. More on front foot than rear, but still significant.)

Just curious. I don’t do park at all. (…too old & brittle!) 🤣. I can’t imagine riding with little or no fwd. 🤷‍♂️

· Registered
Yes Standard
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I guess I just never tried that much(-: I actually dialed it down just a bit from he had set so I’m gonna try it out and see. I imagine it will really trench out my heal side carves as I have had a bit of chatter with them.
Also how much more lean do you have on your front compared to back, and how does that effect your riding? What do you have yours set at?…. I just read about asymmetrical lean while I was looking into how a lot of forward lean effects riding.. like I’ve always just done like F2 on Burton’s. Bit have these at F5 to start.

· Not quite reformed yet
8,576 Posts
I guess I just never tried that much(-: I actually dialed it down just a bit from he had set so I’m gonna try it out and see. I imagine it will really trench out my heal side carves as I have had a bit of chatter with them.
Also how much more lean do you have on your front compared to back, and how does that effect your riding? What do you have yours set at?…. I just read about asymmetrical lean while I was looking into how a lot of forward lean effects riding.. like I’ve always just done like F2 on Burton’s. Bit have these at F5 to start.
Front is @ F5. Not sure of the rear. Just know its less. Probably about @F3 but have to check to be certain.

· Not quite reformed yet
8,576 Posts
@Spaceship ,.. here is the thread I started 10 years ago on the subject of Asymmetrical fwd lean. Dunno if it will help or hinder. 🤣😉.

Reactions: Spaceship
1 - 20 of 21 Posts