Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, a couple of years ago I got some really excellent advice from forum goers and in particular Wiredsport about ordering the correct sized boot. Given I have feet which are 298mm/299mm long and 114mm wide it was recommended to me to get the Burton Photon Wide in Mondo 30 (US 12). I ordered these and wore them around the house in preparation for my snowboarding trip. The pandemic hit and so two year later I finally used them. I used only the thinnest socks I could find and was prepared for a couple of rough days on my 13 day trip. Well after a couple of days I began to develop a feeling like a stone was under the ball of my foot in the right foot and it only got worse from there. I struggled on, tried another heat moulding and tried to keep good care of my feet but over two weeks later I still have the sensation of a stone under my foot and a numbness on the ball of my right foot. It is slowly getting better (I think) but it is clear that the boots were the cause of this.

I wore K2 maysis non wide in Mondo 30 for 100+ days in Whistler and yes they were uncomfortable for about a week but soon broke in. These never gave up and actually got worse as the time went on.

So my question is, given the pictures below and the fact that the outside of the liner is just about 30cm with the insole only 29cm, are these incorrectly sized? Should a Mondo 30 boot liner be exactly 30cm on the outside and if so, how will a 30cm foot actually fit into the liner? I am also not convinced these were particularly wide as they appear to measure about 110mm on the outside of the liner.

The outer boot itself has plenty of room so have I got unlucky and got a faulty pair of just the wrong liner for the boot?

Would love to hear what you think?
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Tape measure Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Wood

Tape measure Ruler Cap Office ruler Hat

Hand Glove Tire Automotive tire Tread
Bicycle tire Tire Waist Wood Thigh
Wire

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
i think so must be. Ich the liner ist 31, for MP 30, then after a season it will be like 32....the liner , soon or later will take the form of the feet.
However i am not 100% sure...maybe someone has an other opininon

·
Registered
424 Posts
You're measuring the base of the liner, but the longest part of your foot isn't the bit in contact with the ground. The front & rear of the liner will expand past the edge of the base as they break in. The liner will be longer at around 1cm above the base after that happens. Your foot should overhang the footbed by around 1cm.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're measuring the base of the liner, but the longest part of your foot isn't the bit in contact with the ground. The front & rear of the liner will expand past the edge of the base as they break in. The liner will be longer at around 1cm above the base after that happens. Your foot should overhang the footbed by around 1cm.
Thanks for that I have measured the toe overhang and it is about 15mm, it looks far too big. I would expect the liner to pack out as well but after 13 days of riding it hadn't got any bigger and the pain was probably at it's worst!

Still, it might be a weird foot shape problem or just a freak thing with this boot and my feet so thanks for the opinion. Burton have now agreed ot send another Liner to rule out that it is incorrectly sized so that will be interesting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts