Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stoked to see that they up and runing again. But does anybody here know if they are back for good or is this just re-visit from the past?

Definitely getting one anyway, just for the memories ✌🏻

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Who knows...Guess if it lasts longer than the new Sims that's something. I'd be betting on the re-visit from the past thing. They had such a smaller following than Sims, shorter window of popularity ect. I mean I was around when they were a thing and thought it was a kick ass company, and knew people that loved their Atlantis's, but I really couldn't care less if they came back. Well unless they bring something unique to snowboarding in general I can't see them lasting beyond a run or two of nostalgia graphics.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, I’m one of those that will buy it for nostalgia! I was stupid enough to sell my old atlantis board so I don’t care about what tech they put in to it or anything, it’s just all about the memories ✌🏻
Ingemar backman and Daniel Franck - heroes!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Ah, there was a guy at my local mountain still riding an old Ingemar Backman board... still loved it too apparently.
They were cool boards back then sure but not enough for me to go and buy one now.
Like any brand, if they put the work into it I wish them good luck.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah, there was a guy at my local mountain still riding an old Ingemar Backman board... still loved it too apparently.
They were cool boards back then sure but not enough for me to go and buy one now.
Like any brand, if they put the work into it I wish them good luck.
There is a woman riding the same board in my local resort to, both bindings and board from mid 90’s. Just the cleanest looking graphics. Epic boards from the golden era of snowboarding.

·
Registered
431 Posts
what, just what?
Guessing you don’t like Atlantis? The reproduction part or the old awesomesauce company?
I have nothing against old Atlantis but this whole retro trend with defunct brands just makes me wanna puke. Kemper, Atlantis and soon Joyride. When will I stop? Do something new instead.
My OLD Atlantis with some dude drawing shit on it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
There is a woman riding the same board in my local resort to, both bindings and board from mid 90’s. Just the cleanest looking graphics. Epic boards from the golden era of snowboarding.

To me they were just plain and clean, not really epic but that's a matter of taste of course.
I mean, there's not really any board I owned before (between '89 and now) that I'd wish to have again, except to hang on the wall (in some cases). The new stuff and technology really is better so there's no point to it.
I agree that (to me) it was the golden era in the sense that it was a killer time to ride as a teenager/young adult. However, now the equpiment is better, mountains build cooler and better parks. That golden era thing is in my head really.

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
That golden era is pretty much whenever your between the ages of 15 to 25 give or take. When it's all brand new and exiting.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not Atlantis, but as close as it get’s. Newest adition to the quiver, Allian Ingemar Backman. And timing was spot on ✌🏻

1 - 15 of 15 Posts