Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new board this year and im looking for something that will be great all around and in the park. I was perviously riding the skate banana and thats primarily why im looking at the attack banana. The buckwild is around the same flex as the banana but has a flat rocker. Hard choice, need some help. Other board suggestions are welcomed.

·
Registered
331 Posts
If you can swing the attack banana I think you'll thoroughly enjoy it. :D Its more all mountain then the ride buckwild, which is good because you already have a park board (skate banana).

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya it would be nice having two bananas, one for park and one for everything, but lib-techs are pretty expensive and the attack banana is $100 more than the ride.

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
I need a new board this year and im looking for something that will be great all around and in the park. I was perviously riding the skate banana and thats primarily why im looking at the attack banana. The buckwild is around the same flex as the banana but has a flat rocker. Hard choice, need some help. Other board suggestions are welcomed.
Buckwild is stiffer than the Banana. Attack Banana is more akin to a Highlife. You may want to rethink your choices.

What didn't you like about the Naner?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my naner was great, i just need a more all mountain oriented board because the banana was a little too soft for me because i like to charge hard

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
arbor blacklist is another board im checking out, but im restricted to lib, gnu, ride, rome, forum, burton because my i know the guys at my local shop will give me a pretty good discount.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
scratch that i found a shop close that sells arbor, no discount but with what ive heard about the blacklist its worth it, angrysnowboarder says it kills everything.

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
You will most likely love the Blacklist. But if you are very interested in charging the Mod Rocker is a more aggressive board. BA reviewed that too.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
probably just gonna go with the blacklist because it will do better in the park but my shop has the attack banana and gnu riders choice, both of them are perfect for me.

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
probably just gonna go with the blacklist because it will do better in the park but my shop has the attack banana and gnu riders choice, both of them are perfect for me.
Who's telling you this? The Attack is not a park board. Its probably best described as a freeride twin. The Riders Choice I wanna say is comparable to the TRS but even then, that's a stiffer park board at best. More like an all mountain twin.

If you're looking at the Blacklist, Attack, and RC: get the Blacklist. You will be vastly more happy with it in the park. And at 150 lbs I could literally ride anything in Summit County every single day of the season on a 154 Blacklist. No matter where or what I wanted to ride that day. Jibs to cliffs. It will handle everything as long as you can.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright i guess im going with the blacklist, ive never rode an arbor so it will be a refreshing change. How do you think the griptech compares to magnetraction because i live in the east so we have some sketchy conditions

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
an extra few cm is never bad but it might comprimise the playfullness but ill get some more control. I'll probably grow into it fast anyways

1 - 19 of 19 Posts