Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

181 - 200 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Super windy today only T-bars open. Just checked 8 chair looks like it's running

·
Registered
103 Posts
Last spring I rode my K2 Simple Pleasures exclusively, its wide and has a very textured base. I was leaving my mates behind on every run, especially the flatter sections.
Was the textured base how it came from the factory, or did you have a shop put a spring structure on the base?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #184 (Edited)
Today wasn't a bad day. They are starting to close a few runs at Perisher. Temp was 6C today. Rode Mount Perisher a bit it's still holding the snow. Went and checked out Thredbo . Not much snow there compared with Perisher.
20200910_124720.jpg
20200910_124959.jpg
20200910_124649.jpg
20200910_151209.jpg
20200910_120805.jpg

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
I rode my Dart today at Perisher in proper deep slush and mashed potatoes. It was 11*C with a warm wind blowing.
Riding it in soft snow has really changed the way I feel about the board, today was a lot of fun!
My last day there was Sunday just gone, and it wasn't much different except for slightly more cover by the sounds of it.. and it really wasn't that bad - I enjoyed it more than the ice skating you can experience in a lot of the perisher runs. Good time to just practice stupid stuff without breaking a bone in my mind

·
Registered
330 Posts
We were mostly at Guthega, I think the runs there have the perfect grade for the type of riding I like to do. Spring is always fun, less crowds and soft snow.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #191 (Edited)
I rode Mount Perisher Triple chair for last 2 days was okay. Got a bit slushy semi moguly at the end of the day but was able to smash the lumps away pretty easily. I felt the last 2 days were the best of the week for me. Practically zero wait most of the time on the Perisher Triple chair..., so good.

20200911_113259.jpg

20200911_113230.jpg

You can see Perisher car park overflow was running back half way to Smig's on the roadway.

20200911_113249.jpg

20200911_113225.jpg

·
Registered
330 Posts
How did you go today?
Good, the morning was icy as per usual but headed back over to Guthega mid morning and it was surprisingly soft snow with no wind. The sun even came out after lunch so ended up being another great day.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Good, the morning was icy as per usual but headed back over to Guthega mid morning and it was surprisingly soft snow with no wind. The sun even came out after lunch so ended up being another great day.
How was the car park...., packed?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Jesus Craig, I was gonna ask the same thing -- how the hell, in the middle of a pandemic, is the parking lot still packed a la "heaps of tourists/kooks who wander on up at midday, have to park 100m up from Smiggins, and walk up to Perisher Center"???

Gents, good on you for making the most of the season!

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #197 (Edited)
Jesus Craig, I was gonna ask the same thing -- how the hell, in the middle of a pandemic, is the parking lot still packed a la "heaps of tourists/kooks who wander on up at midday, have to park 100m up from Smiggins, and walk up to Perisher Center"???

Gents, good on you for making the most of the season!
Had a funny experience the other day going up the Leichhardt chair. Just about to dismount and the lifty at the top was shoveling snow on the flat pad from the left side. The clown was not looking what he was doing and didn't see the approaching chair with his head down. As we approached the aluminium shovel got caught under my Custom and the skier next to me. I yelled out and moron just dropped shovel and we ran over the top of it as we dismounted. Fucking idiot. Checked my base straight away and lucky no marks other than tiny edge grind over 20cm on heal side rear foot. I would have gone and made Perisher pay for a new board if it was damaged. Looked back at the lifty and he went back inside his shed and hid out of sight. 🤡

I'd say this might be one of the useless type of clowns that Mt Buller normally employs as a one of their star workers that wasn't able to work this season due to CV19.

181 - 200 of 226 Posts