Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

201 - 220 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'd say this might be one of the useless type of clowns that Mt Buller normally employs as a one of their star workers that wasn't able to work this season due to CV19.
You know, you're on the right track re: Buller staff, however Buller staff are actually Bully staff -- the lowliest of little 19 year old lifties will get aggressive and threaten to take your pass, when you point out that they're in the wrong / not doing their jobs.

Turoa queues on Saturday... “social distancing”! Wasn't there fortunately.

View attachment 154769
Jesus, WTF???? No one in the foreground is even wearing a mask!

We got rained out today so drove up to Thredbo for a laugh.
That looks ripe for some party boarding :D

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
How long are the lift lines?
The people at the top of the photo are standing on the cat track at the end of the final green run out. There's a lot of the main group of people out of the photo to the right!
Remember that we only have a single cluster in NZ currently (1 new case today), we also have people in quarantine facilities who have flown in from overseas.
Masks aren't the norm here out in public though it's getting more popular. On the mountain you need to wear a mask or any face covering when riding a chair with others but it's not enforced. Seats are spaced out in the cafes and numbers are limited.
Most are past caring now, there's a risk that we won't contain the next big cluster if people don't take it seriously. But we're doing okay currently.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Is CV even a thing now days? I thought everyone had moved on looking at the real world :)
Economies can't survive lockdown forever. People also can't survive lockdown forever...

We've almost hit 1 million Covid-19 deaths worldwide, I guess we'll see where the count ends up and let history be the judge of how well humanity handled it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Economies can't survive lockdown forever. People also can't survive lockdown forever...

We've almost hit 1 million Covid-19 deaths worldwide, I guess we'll see where the count ends up and let history be the judge of how well humanity handled it.
I'd rather have long lockdowns than have a situation like the UK, europe, India or USA. covid got out of control in many places.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Me too, but you can't control the masses!*

*Unless you're DPRK
Actually, you can, as long as everything is kept below their "fuck this shit" threshold.
The majority of people will do the right thing, the minority of fuckwits will do their maccas runs, trips to the weed dealer etc, or protest about their yooman rights coz the magna carta sez so 'n shit (without knowing what the fuck they are on about).
Now that a number of the nutty tinfoil hat people have been arrested for their fuckwittery, the Victorian government's bluff has been called, and..... surprise, surprise, the Victorian government was true to their word that they were going to deal with the dumbcunts. No, the magna carta or the Universal corporate code or any of the magic words the nutters think will make the cops go away - none of these things work on the cops, and the idiots who really try, will find to their horror and dismay: THAT BULLSHIT WON'T WORK IN COURT.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
You know, you're on the right track re: Buller staff, however Buller staff are actually Bully staff -- the lowliest of little 19 year old lifties will get aggressive and threaten to take your pass, when you point out that they're in the wrong / not doing their jobs.

That looks ripe for some party boarding :D
My last day on snow for the season today, made it a big one and smashed out over 7k of vertical. Rode my Amplid Pillowtalk in the deep slush, such a fun board!
JD, looks like the Perisher to Blue Cow link.

·
Registered
731 Posts
My last day on snow for the season today, made it a big one and smashed out over 7k of vertical. Rode my Amplid Pillowtalk in the deep slush, such a fun board!
That board looks rad, what size is it?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
That works to a point, how long is society prepared to live in lockdown? Months? Years?

I'm seeing the chaos overseas and I'm glad we had the harshest lockdown with the elimination strategy. Meant it was relatively short.
You've got Jacinda leading the way though.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
Great snowfalls over the last few days. I think up to around 50cm. Thredbo looks shut down, Perisher only running a few lifts/T bars. Looks like a lot of untracked powder going to waste.

201 - 220 of 226 Posts