Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

221 - 240 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Larry Adler doing another crazy sale, not much left but so cheap!!!

·
884 Posts
If you jump in quick for a swim are you safe?
Most of the time :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Some people do swim but general rule is if it's not tiled you don't swim in it up here. Stingers this time of year are more likely though.
Year's ago we would be more inclined to swim or water ski in these areas but not anymore, there's more and more crocs moving in these areas. I think last year they relocated over 300 crocs from the Harbour area.
The National Parks have monitoring programs in swim spots throughout Lichfield and Kakadu but they still pop up now and then more so after good wet seasons.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
Most of the time :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Some people do swim but general rule is if it's not tiled you don't swim in it up here. Stingers this time of year are more likely though.
Year's ago we would be more inclined to swim or water ski in these areas but not anymore, there's more and more crocs moving in these areas. I think last year they relocated over 300 crocs from the Harbour area.
The National Parks have monitoring programs in swim spots throughout Lichfield and Kakadu but they still pop up now and then more so after good wet seasons.
Are they easy to see if the water is calm to react as long as you don't go in too deep.

·
884 Posts
Are they easy to see if the water is calm to react as long as you don't go in too deep.
They're common to see but they're not the ones to worry about.

They can be 2 feet in front of you though without you knowing, they'rer the ones you worry about.

A guy was pulled off a boat a few years ago leaning over the side washing a bucket, you don't get a second chance.

·
884 Posts
Travel Bubble with NZ - Article
A month or two ago and I would’ve been good to go and not needed to cancel and now from mid October it looks like we can travel.......just in time for summer 😭😭

So if Japan doesn’t open For us this season it’ll be 12months between drinks - I’m buying a OneWheel XR. Who has connections at Twelve Board Store that can hook me up a good price

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
BS - is that true? Sounds fair :)
Yep! Ardern said something like it's Australia's perogative to open their borders without quarantine but we'll protect our people. Australia and NZ have different Covid strategies, we're still doing the elimination strategy.

I guess NZ has agreed to let in non-essential visitors from Australia, but they still need to quarantine.

221 - 240 of 276 Posts