Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

ANZAC Snowboarding. Australia & New Zealand (Trips, Quivers, Gear, Sales & General Discussion)

91K views 2K replies 43 participants last post by  Craig64 
#1 · (Edited)
Being an Aussie have boarded Perisher/Thredbo all my life. Went to NZ in '94. Snowed everyday down to the Queenstown Lake....., epic conditions. Boarded Coronets and Remarkables.

So I find with my limited experience that there's not much different between Australia and NZ.

Doesn't seem to be much vegetation up high in the NZ mountains that I've been too.

I find now that I can't wait to spend my snowboarding trips in Japan.

#627 · (Edited)
I've no doubt you've read every review known to man but there's a couple below. Both seem to be very highly rated decks with a slightly different price point. The Super 8 I’d be surprised if you couldn't get it under $500 which looks good value but I'm sure the PYL would be available cheap also.

#631 · (Edited)
I've no doubt you've read every review known to man but there's a couple below. Both seem to be very highly rated desks with a slightly different price point. The Super 8 ID be surprised if you couldn't get it under $500 which looks good value but I'm sure the PYL I'd available cheap also.

Yes PYL looks like the go.
Cheapest I've seen is about $540.
now just have to find the funds :oops:

#628 ·
@MountainMystic - another to throw in the mix - XE Snowboards had bigger sizes for around $550

#633 ·
I see 12Boards are marketing hard but their prices are not really moving from what I see. I've been watching that Niseko Pleasures and a couple of other boards but I thought the NP actually went up in price today......

#635 ·
Yeah man, I love Twelve but their prices are a bit all over the place some times - up one minute, down the next, up the price then apply a discount....

Sometimes I feel like you've gotta screenshot prices on their site, and if they don't go down, pick the lowest price screenshot and ask em if they'll do that price again.

EDIT: just saw this discount code: SNOW10 - extra 10% off marked prices. That would put the NP at a smidge over $800

DOUBLE EDIT: LOL@ Korua Shapes. Good marketing, having non-changing base and topsheet graphics from season to season. You could still sell a 2018 deck for full retail, no one would know the difference.

#638 ·
Anyone purchased anything from snowsurf.com.au

Some nice decks there, use ULUWATU for a further 20% off which took a United Shapes Horizon down to $320 delivered :eek:

A touch too small for me but looks like a pretty nice board for someone under 75KG - actually I might erway myself....

#639 ·
Anyone purchased anything from snowsurf.com.au

Some nice decks there, use ULUWATU for a further 20% off which took a United Shapes Horizon down to $320 delivered :eek:

A touch too small for me but looks like a pretty nice board for someone under 75KG - actually I might erway myself....

View attachment 158769
Far out, nice find!

Damnnnnnn, I kinda think DeSexMachine is a bit wanky, seen too many fit rad-dads in undersized T-shirts in Jindabyne, rocking fressshhhhhh haircuts and RayBans - you know what I'm getting at.

But fark me, if they dropped the price on that Doos / Deathlabel collab Bullet, I'd be chomping at the bit.

My ex friend (not really a snowboarder, just likes to look cool - he doens't want to take the risk of crashing to get better at snowboarding, because he has kids - that's his excuse for still not being able to link turns after half a decade) got a Bullet when we were in Japan.

That thing is FUCKING LIGHT.

EDIT - their website is elusive, but it appears that they might be Aussie based? Although I don't like the little thing down the bottom "Southern Hemi Division" - could potentially be another BikeInn / KayakInn / SnowInn setup.

#651 ·
Yeah I just got my Fluxs in the post today - took E107 overnight to ship my Amplid, but a full week to ship the bindings - and that was with StarTrack, which is meant ot be up there in terms of speed.

Pretty chuffed with these guys though!!!
Brown Sleeve Sportswear Bag Walking shoe
Glasses Goggles Vision care Sunglasses Luggage and bags
Sports equipment Automotive tire Sports gear Bicycle saddle Automotive design
Eyewear Hat Headgear Gadget Font

They feel really light in hand, and this is something i researched the SHIT out of, before selecting size - keeping in mind that for years, i rode oversized boots and size L bindings in every brand, not thinking twice about it.

I can confirm that this DS chassis, in size M, WILL fit Burton (Ruler Wide) size 10 PERFECTLY - yes, you have to move the straps out to the outer adjustment holes, the fit is snug but definitely not undersized, and yay!!! You can use the disc to get side-to-side micro adjustments for stance width - the boot is perfectly centered on board, without having to use the disc for centering (which I dislike about Burton bindings on normal boards as it robs you of finer stance width adjustments).

1029 cases in NSW today as well as NSW Regional Lockdown until 10th Sep. I'd say that will be the end of the season here for us in NSW. Can't imagine that they will re-open as most of the staff would have been sent off.
Same here - Shepparton is kicking off a couple of hours drive away, so Falls and Buller and Hotham might end up staying closed. Knowing the bullshit-peddling wordplaying VIC CHO, if any cases pop up in towns along the SA border, that’s also regional, so essentially the health of the Victorian snow economy is based on what towns are doing at the farthest outskirts of the state, no matter how fucking far away those towns are.

#649 ·
Not sure if any of you want to man up and get a K2 Manifest but Larry Adler has them for $440, same place and price I got mine.

#652 ·
Well, it's not looking good - lots of melt at Falls, and no hope of opening up for the last part of the season really, thanks to Covid in "regional" areas.
Snow Mountain Slope Outdoor recreation Winter sport

If it DOES open up, I am going absolutely berserk on day 1 - Hybrid in the morning, Party Platter late morning, Stereo (with Fluxs) in the arvo.

Anyone else snag any last minute sale gear? I WAS gonna get another set of Fluxs, but decided last minute not to - I've gotta mod mine a tiny, tiny bit, due to heel cup width (or lack thereof) - the mounting points for the highbacks on both Nitro and Burtons come in at around 98mm (closest points to side of my size 10 Ruler Wides), but Flux has em down at around 94mm, and I can feel them slightly pinching the sides of the boot, SLIGHTLY.

Not gonna return them for Large because the boot centring (whilst retaining side to side micro adjustment) is spot-fucking-on, so shaving down the square lip on the inside of the highback, low-down, should create a nice little bevel that will eliminate any pinch points.

And, in the spirit of keeping stuff alive - anyone getting double-vaxxed and making plans to go overseas next year?

#666 · (Edited)
I spent several days down at St Helens, Tasmania riding an E-MTB, so much fun and hard going back to the traditional bike. I just picked up a Giant Trance X 2 new a few weeks back and am loving that bike. More of a fitness thing throughout the lockdown when gyms are closed - so much fun.

That bike looks sweet, they don't come cheap though

#669 ·
So far, on Gumtree I've sold:
  • Burton Skeleton Key
  • Burton Deep Thinker
  • Bataleon Party Wave
  • Bataleon Global Warmer Wide
  • Neversummer of some sort
  • Flow Fuse
  • Burton Malavita
  • Burton Cartel
  • K2 Lien AT
  • Burton Ruler Boa
All at prices that I was happy with / willing to accept. It's all about the copy - yeah, you get shitcnuts who want to swap a mint looking next-season Burton for their beat-to-shit 2 seasons old Arbor Westmark, but if you word the add right, you can attract a more serious, reasonable clientele (e.g. the kind who travel overseas to ride, rather than the cnuts who go to Buller, half the reason for which being that they want to see if they can steal any boards).

Hell, I sold my reasonably used, but cleaned-up Skeleton Key + Cartel EST, as well as my Deep Thinker + Malavitas, both for $700 a pop.

#677 ·
Wait, is this...has to be a scam, no reviews, posts, likes..... but those prices :unsure:

around $100 to $110 for every board - not suss at all 🤪 :ROFLMAO:
and the contact email is FA to do with Bataleon
I did wonder whether there was malware on the site, but my securitah anti-bastard software didn't go off

#674 ·
Before reading your ENTIRE post, I was going to say - Asian fit might be the go, based on what others have told me (apparently all Asians, including the 10/10 stunners with cute pointy noses in Sapporo, have big fat fucking flat noses that stretch half the width of their face lol). Apparently Asian Fit boots are for those with wider, flatter feet? Why mention foot profiles when even $600 boots come with insoles that you need to swap out anyway lol.

That wasnt aimed at you, just that there is this whole "Asian fit" thing where Asians fit into tiny kids gear but have massive alien faces....

#675 · (Edited)
yeah, and fair enough, A.F. as a category descriptor is problematic.
my problem is that my line miners pinch on points either side of my stupid small nose, and it actually restricts breathing somwhat, as well as not making a good seal on my face. I guess my nose isn't super broad, but I seem to need a different frame and lens shape that doesn't extend down as far on each side of my nose.

I would say you are right. the flight deck XM seems to have the shaping around the nose that will suit me, frikken hoping so anyway.
otherwise I might need to look at whoever makes the most suitable shape.

windjacket 2.0 seems gone for good. Might still be able to get replacement lenses and fit them to Alibaba fake frames(?)
Otherwise, the Encoder or radar EV advancer seems to be the closest.

#683 ·
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Restrictions to ease in regional VIC from tomorrow?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!!

My fellow gentlemen, i am going to tear muscles and break boards/binding parts in the next few days - such is the wrath with which I am going to shred.

My plan, PRESUMING I can get 2 days on snow:
  • Nitro Phantom on Yes Hybrid - Early morning
  • Flux DSW on k2 PP - After morning coffee
  • Flux DSW on Amplid Stereo - afternoon /// Flux DSW on Option Dufficy - afternoon
Argh!!!! Someone hold my beer, I'm gonna be tweaking so fucking hard that my foot come outta my boots!!!

#684 · (Edited)
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Restrictions to ease in regional VIC from tomorrow?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!!
Argh!!!! Someone hold my beer, I'm gonna be tweaking so fucking hard that my foot come outta my boots!!!
I initially read that as "twerking" :oops:
totes jealous, but in a good way. Tweak the F out Scott 🤙

#693 ·
Yeah I ordered the last Dada but it looks like it has gone missing, was supposed to be here and no-one knows where it is apparently, 107 will look into it on Monday.

It was picked up right on that day when couriers went into lockdown due Covid so we'll see what happens.