Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

261 - 276 of 276 Posts

·
884 Posts
How do you get there from NT?
Fly either through Sydney or Melbourne, been probably 3 years since we’ve done an Oz ski trip tbh. We’ve family in Melb, Canberra and rural NSW so usually tie that in. I’ll probably look to bud from Melb to Falls Creek if we go with that option.

·
884 Posts
Just about to book Silverski at Falls Creek and thought I'd check to see if anyone has stayed there or heard anything good or bad?

Very frustrating that a number of accomm providers are charging big prices and not offering any Covid cancellation coverage.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
Just about to book Silverski at Falls Creek and thought I'd check to see if anyone has stayed there or heard anything good or bad?

Very frustrating that a number of accomm providers are charging big prices and not offering any Covid cancellation coverage.
I think you will be okay. Covid is pretty much under control in Australia.🤞

·
Registered
438 Posts
@Craig64 $180 a day to board Perisher? $1000 a night accom no covid cancellation? That's insane for the conditions you are likely to get and a fantastic promotion to head overseas and enjoy cheaper and better conditions IF we can ever get overseas again. makes as much sense as my local cinema wanting to charge $20 to watch a movie but then I am 18 hours away from snow also it has to be said.

·
884 Posts
I’ve got 6 nights Falls Creek late July in a small hotel style bunk room with own ensuite facilities for $1700 all up. Not flash, but still happy with that.

·
884 Posts
I see Thredbo listed their day lift ticket rage for this year, $169 a days a freaking joke!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #271 (Edited)
I see Thredbo listed their day lift ticket rage for this year, $169 a days a freaking joke!
No discounts for consecutive days either.

I paid $899 for an Epic pass at Perisher. Seems like an absolute bargain looking at these prices. Imagine taking the family down for a week $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

On the bright side, if you are over 70 or better still even 80 yrs, it looks like a real bargain for tickets.

·
884 Posts
New flash - The Trans-Tasman bubble opens 19 April. Last night I booked flights and accommodation in Queenstown and Wanaka to beat the horde of strayans!
So good but I am pissed. 3 weeks ago I just moved my NZ trip to Falls Creek as there were no real indicators it was going to open and now this, anyway, just happy to get somewhere to ride. May try for a sneaky trip later in the season if all is looking well.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Check out the new Soho area at Cardrona! It's going to be the biggest area in NZ now apparently.

Also there's a new 8 seater at Mt Hutt replacing a quad.

261 - 276 of 276 Posts