Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

ANZAC Snowboarding. Australia & New Zealand (Trips, Quivers, Gear, Sales & General Discussion)

91K views 2K replies 43 participants last post by  Craig64 
#1 · (Edited)
Being an Aussie have boarded Perisher/Thredbo all my life. Went to NZ in '94. Snowed everyday down to the Queenstown Lake....., epic conditions. Boarded Coronets and Remarkables.

So I find with my limited experience that there's not much different between Australia and NZ.

Doesn't seem to be much vegetation up high in the NZ mountains that I've been too.

I find now that I can't wait to spend my snowboarding trips in Japan.

#767 ·
Oakley flight deck xm goggles came today. actually a bit on the small side, but the fit around the nose seems good.
there is a bit of a gap at each side when wearing my Anon helmet. I could have got the XL, which is only a bit bigger, apparently.
No gaping side gap with the line miners, but the seal around my nose bridge isn't good.

Does anyone know if there is a decent goggle size comparison chart with specifications on it?
I looked on the Oakley Australia site and couldn't find one. If anyone knows of a chart for Anon goggles that would be cool too.

#768 · (Edited)
Oakley flight deck xm goggles came today. actually a bit on the small side, but the fit around the nose seems good.
there is a bit of a gap at each side when wearing my Anon helmet. I could have got the XL, which is only a bit bigger, apparently.
No gaping side gap with the line miners, but the seal around my nose bridge isn't good.

Does anyone know if there is a decent goggle size comparison chart with specifications on it?
I looked on the Oakley Australia site and couldn't find one. If anyone knows of a chart for Anon goggles that would be cool too.
Yeah, large framed goggles are massive bonus.

#770 ·
Trigger Bros through Ebay has an Ebay 20% off on top of their already reduced prices. Promo Code "
"

Some really good finds here.
Craig,
Thanks for the heads-up on the Trigger Bros sale. Scored some spare bindings :)
Burton spares seem fairly easy to get hold of too, which is a bonus.

Might have to pass on a new board, the PYL I was eyeing off @ twelve went back to full retail.
On the upside, I did score a new helmet, bindings, and some goggles, which pretty much blew all my spare $$, so maybe I got what I needed, rather than what I was lusting after.
At least that's what I keep telling myself. 🤪 :ROFLMAO:

#772 ·
Stoked, jumped on to Rhthym Snowsports and grabbed a new ladies Volcom Leda Goretex jacket for my daughter for Xmas nearly half price. Bonus also was that I'd been eyeing off the Volcom Brighton Anorak for some time but couldn't justify the $400 price tag but they had it on clearance for a tad over $200 so grabbed one for me - Xmas done.

#776 ·
AUS and NZ Just a heads-up in case you were considering USPS for delivery

as of 1 October, 2021

The Postal Service™ is temporarily suspending international mail acceptance for certain destinations due to impacts related to the COVID-19 pandemic and other unrelated service disruptions.

*Australia’s service disruption affects Priority Mail International® (PMI), First-Class Package International Service® (FCPIS®), Commercial ePacket (CeP), International Priority Airmail® (IPA®) packets, International Priority Airmail® (IPA®) M-Bags, International Surface Air Lift® (ISAL®) packets, International Surface Air Lift® (ISAL®) M-Bags, and Airmail M-Bags.

#777 ·
Back on the mainland!!

Been away with work for a week and a bit with little coverage, so good!!

Had a ball just snorkelling and swimming in the Ocean around Coco's Keeling and Christmas Islands and was so good. Fantastic part of the world. Swam with old mate below for a good 5 minutes which was a highlight.

From reef to snow we have a great world!

Water Vertebrate Natural environment Organism Underwater

#788 · (Edited)
#799 ·
And as quick as it came, the snow is almost all but gone from the Australian fields. :cry:

Has anyone found any good overseas bundles being offered? I'm still on the fence about doing a trip right now this side of Christmas, but could be tempted in the early new year if the borders and cases don't go haywire throwing quarantine rules in to jeopardy.

#802 ·
Yep I can't see it being possible until 22/23. An overseas trip generally and for me requires planning ie holidays booked in, accommodation booked, flights booked, transfers booked. I've also heard they're wanting to chuck in Covid PCR tests that you have to pay $Au150 out of your own pocket (ie out and in per person).

#807 ·
perhaps that's how the LNP gubbinment kept getting elected. too much binge drinking, so not enough brain cells left to realize that the LNP are destroying the country, our climate (with their donors' love of coal and oil), and lining their own pockets in corrupt rorts and schemes, and lying to us about them being good economic managers.

#815 · (Edited)
Just got back from a week down at our joint in the Australian Alpine. Did a big walk up to top past Blue Lake from Charlotte Pass. Photographs: Samsung Galaxy S8.

Cloud Water Sky Plant Mountain

Crossing the Snowy River,

Cloud Sky Plant community Plant Mountain

Long walk across the Mountain Peak

Cloud Sky Mountain Slope Natural landscape

Spectacular Alpine flora,

Cloud Sky Flower Plant Plant community

Small patches of snow still remaining in the middle of our Aussie Summer,

Cloud Sky Mountain People in nature Slope

With complete Covid Alpine Resort closures in NSW during Winter '21 this sadly was the closest I came to the snow from last season,

Ecoregion Mountain People in nature Slope Highland

Blue Lake, NSW

Cloud Sky Water Mountain Plant

Lunch time delight..., chicken breast salad sandwiches on multigrain bread with sliced apple, lettuce and grated carrot.

Cloud Sky Mountain Plant Slope

Looking northwest across the Kosciuszko Mountain ranges from NSW into Victoria

Cloud Sky Plant community Mountain Plant

The long walk back to the car,

Cloud Flower Sky Plant Mountain

A great day, slightly sunburn, ankles/top of foot were a tiny bit sore the next day from 3 hours walking up hill, then 3 hours down hill. Had a plunge in Snow River at the end which cooled us down.

#822 ·
That's it for me for a few years now. I'm going to put the brakes on as I think I have every base covered in my quiver???
Just received my Show Stopper so I have the AM to Freeride areas covered and then some now. The Show Stopper looks pure white in the picture but it's far more an off white with nice woodgrain effect. Looks heaps better.
in the flesh like most boards do.

Product Sports equipment Art Material property Artifact