Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

301 - 320 of 370 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
K2 Simple Pleasures (an absolute pleasure to ride in both)
Korua Dart (unsinkable, loves groomers but not ice)
Amplid Pillowtalk (my pow twin that carvers exceptionally well)
Endeavor Archetype (not deep deep pow)
Out of any of those, I think I would go for the Simple Pleasures, as IMO it would be the easiest to get hold of posted to Aus.

·
911 Posts
Gettting close to scraping,, just a tad excited........bloody Rona better keep her head down this winter or I'lll be pissed!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Out of any of those, I think I would go for the Simple Pleasures, as IMO it would be the easiest to get hold of posted to Aus.
I imported mine from the UK and the end of their season for a fair amount less than they were selling here for, plus I wanted the older all black graphic over the newer graphic at the time.

I've ridden mine way more on groomers than in pow but I did take it to Japan eventually, its certainly a favourite for me.

·
911 Posts
I imported mine from the UK and the end of their season for a fair amount less than they were selling here for, plus I wanted the older all black graphic over the newer graphic at the time.

I've ridden mine way more on groomers than in pow but I did take it to Japan eventually, its certainly a favourite for me.
What UK sites do you use?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #311 ·
Just looked up my receipt, it was Snowtrax and I paid £284.49 ( a little over $500 AUD) including delivery, so not super cheap but much better than pricing on them over here.
Did you have to pay GST on that as well. I import items from stores and often it's hit and a lot of miss with GST.

·
911 Posts
Did you have to pay GST on that as well. I import items from stores and often it's hit and a lot of miss with GST.
Yeah same, I landed the Signal Yup cheap with no GST but the Amplid Surfari killed me!

@JDA did you buy the pillowtalk direct from Amplid or again in the UK?

·
Registered
369 Posts
No I didn't, usually if its under 1k AUD they don't bother unless you go through ebay and ebay deducts it automatically.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #315 ·
No I didn't, usually if its under 1k AUD they don't bother unless you go through ebay and ebay deducts it automatically.
The Fed' Liberal Gov' took the $1k exemption off around a year ago.

·
Premium Member
1,644 Posts
Do you Aussies have a redirect service through Aus Post?

Got a new jacket coming via the NZ Post service, 55% off on Backcountry. 👍👍 DC Operative.

The service charges the GST unfortunately! Still saved about $200.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #317 ·
Do you Aussies have a redirect service through Aus Post?

Got a new jacket coming via the NZ Post service, 55% off on Backcountry. 👍👍 DC Operative.

The service charges the GST unfortunately! Still saved about $200.
I'm registered for a MyPost account so you see all your tracking changes via your phone on the site with updates etc. Anything you buy generally finds it's way to your MyPost account. With their Covid guidelines they just drop off most packages even if it says signature required as they don't want face to face interaction with residents and just take a photo of the drop off on their scanner. You can redirect to another address with MyPost or pick up from the Post Office.

·
Premium Member
1,644 Posts
I'm registered for a MyPost account so you see all your tracking changes via your phone on the site with updates etc. Anything you buy generally finds it's way to your MyPost account. With their Covid guidelines they just drop off most packages even if it says signature required as they don't want face to face interaction with residents and just take a photo of the drop off on their scanner. You can redirect to another address with MyPost or pick up from the Post Office.
I mean redirect as in order from North America only websites to an address that repacks and forwards it overseas.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #319 ·
I mean redirect as in order from North America only websites to an address that repacks and forwards it overseas.
I've used Shipito in the past for a number of years. It was really good. That was like when the Aussie dollar was $US1.08. I find now that outerwear etc on sale in Australia is often cheaper than what I can buy in the USA + postage.

301 - 320 of 370 Posts