Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

321 - 340 of 370 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
The Fed' Liberal Gov' took the $1k exemption off around a year ago.
Yes I know but they don't police it very well, I mean how can they? the admin it would take to chase up every single package that comes from overseas would be astronomical.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #322 ·
Talking to the Manager who books all our accommodation down the snow today and she said this season is absolutely insane with bookings. No O/S holidays....., let's go down to the Mountains.

·
911 Posts
Talking to the Manager who books all our accommodation down the snow today and she said this season is absolutely insane with bookings. No O/S holidays....., let's go down to the Mountains.
I still haven't received my Epic Australia card, in fact it's been like pulling teeth trying to get details from them on how it's all going to operate. I wanted the EA Pass so I could use the 50% mates pass discounted lift tickets for my daughter. They say just pick the EA Pass up on the mountain at Falls Creek which is fine, but I need the card to pre-book the passes for my daughter.....it's like this never ending roundabout I just can't get off.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #324 ·
I still haven't received my Epic Australia card, in fact it's been like pulling teeth trying to get details from them on how it's all going to operate. I wanted the EA Pass so I could use the 50% mates pass discounted lift tickets for my daughter. They say just pick the EA Pass up on the mountain at Falls Creek which is fine, but I need the card to pre-book the passes for my daughter.....it's like this never ending roundabout I just can't get off.
The Epic pass just loads up onto my existing Perisher Card. I didn't get a new pass. I'm going to grab the same discount tickets for my wife. You would have an account with Perisher. I just do it all through my account.

·
911 Posts
The Epic pass just loads up onto my existing Perisher Card. I didn't get a new pass. I'm going to grab the same discount tickets for my wife. You would have an account with Perisher. I just do it all through my account.
I've got a Perisher account but this is the first season I've purchased an Epic Pass and I did this direct through their website. I can't see how I can link it to the Perisher account and whether that's the way to go as I'm heading to Falls this season.

·
911 Posts
Just found my old Perisher Card and confirmed that you are right and it has loaded onto this older pass.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hopefully the resorts can stay open for the majority of the year. Doesn't look like a good forecast for the Victorians again.
Brett Sutton has confirmed Victoria's new locally acquired case as the B1617 variant, which is currently wreaking havoc across India.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hopefully the resorts can stay open for the majority of the year. Doesn't look like a good forecast for the Victorians again.
Fluck. Tomorrow’s news will be “contact tracing has found that this total faking c7nt has visited 23 shops and 87 restaurants, attended 3x services for different religions, and been to 5 concerts in the last 24hrs, on his drive from Wollert up to the Alpine Region”.

Hopefully Victoria has it together this season, and maintains a VERY hard border between metro and regional (if things break out badly) - local businesses in my town are screaming for a half decent season, how many more small regional businesses who rely on snow traffic, need to close because of superspreader assholes who need to stretch their daily meal plan across 34 venues and 400kms???

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·
Fluck. Tomorrow’s news will be “contact tracing has found that this total faking c7nt has visited 23 shops and 87 restaurants, attended 3x services for different religions, and been to 5 concerts in the last 24hrs, on his drive from Wollert up to the Alpine Region”.

Hopefully Victoria has it together this season, and maintains a VERY hard border between metro and regional (if things break out badly) - local businesses in my town are screaming for a half decent season, how many more small regional businesses who rely on snow traffic, need to close because of superspreader assholes who need to stretch their daily meal plan across 34 venues and 400kms???
Scotty, hopeful you guys don't have another shut down season like last year. Where do they think all this recent one originated out of.

·
911 Posts
Gee I hope they sought this shite out. Already moved 2 previous trips due CV and I'll go postal if I miss again.

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #332 ·
I'm able to get Pfizer injection due to work. I've already had the 1st one and get number 2 in a few weeks time. We are slow in Australia due to the Gov in getting this sorted. The US have been a disaster with Covid but are doing unreal with the Vaccine numbers (150m 1st dose/130m 2nd). Can't see any overseas travel until all this shit is sorted, you can see what hysteria it causes when a guy jumps from SA to Vic. NZ have just shut Vic out now.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm able to get Pfizer injection due to work. I've already had the 1st one and get number 2 in a few weeks time. We are slow in Australia due to the Gov in getting this sorted. The US have been a disaster with Covid but are doing unreal with the Vaccine numbers (150m 1st dose/130m 2nd). Can't see any overseas travel until all this shit is sorted, you can see what hysteria it causes when a guy jumps from SA to Vic. NZ have just shut Vic out now.
this 'bubble' with NZ isn't much to speak of... :mad:
Did you get any reactions Craig?
I had the A-Z vax a couple of weeks ago. aches and headache for a day but then all good.
#ScrotuMo 's 'gubbinment' has royally fucked up the vaccine rollout. now people seem to be holding out for doses of the Pfizer vax, which may or may not happen, or they are relying on closed borders to stay well. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #334 ·
this 'bubble' with NZ isn't much to speak of... :mad:
Did you get any reactions Craig?
I had the A-Z vax a couple of weeks ago. aches and headache for a day but then all good.
#ScrotuMo 's 'gubbinment' has royally fucked up the vaccine rollout. now people seem to be holding out for doses of the Pfizer vax, which may or may not happen, or they are relying on closed borders to stay well. :rolleyes:
I was okay, just a really sore arm for about 3 days. Feels like a bad dead arm punch. I've heard that some people get sick from 2nd. My son is a week ahead of me so I see how he goes. If I get sick from injection it's work related anyway.

·
911 Posts
Anyone chasing an Amplid Surfari 157 in Australia?

Just saw one listed on Gumtree $900

·
Registered
175 Posts
Keep yer filthy diseases in straya maate 😂

Seriously though, I hope you guys get a good season after the shit show last year.
jeebus, trying to... but #ScrotuMo keeps wanting to piss off to hawaii for his 10th holiday for the year. ;)

yeah, a good season, without stoopid lockdowns because people can't follow simple instructions.
That would be a nice change.

·
Registered
175 Posts
7 day lockdown in Victoria. This is not what you guys need at the start of Winter again.
Yeah, spoke too soon.
Obviously, quarantining in hotels is some real bullshit. I read that the vic dude - in quarantine, might have got it from the infected person in the next f**king room.
State and fed gubbinments need facilities like the one in the NT, with detached etc cabins, so less likely to pass covid around like a hotel with air that just circulates through the whole building like a huge incubator, FFS.

fuggit. might have to buy some weights and just get shredded at home this winter. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

321 - 340 of 370 Posts