Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
401 - 420 of 456 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah it my first season in 20Yrs boarding in the southern lakes as a Treble Cone/Cardrona season pass holder (was always NZski-Coro/remarks)... and just after 2 days I'm so stoked I changed ..you don't have to go hiking to find epic terrain its everywhere I'm going need 10+ days just to get my head around the fields terrain options ... and as TC doesn't have much easy terrain pretty much everyone out on the field knows what they are doing >>not to many newbies standing in stupid places like NZSki...

If I was taking out a confident international snowboarder for his first taste of NZ ... it would be TC everyday of the week

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Yeah it my first season in 20Yrs boarding in the southern lakes as a Treble Cone/Cardrona season pass holder (was always NZski-Coro/remarks)... and just after 2 days I'm so stoked I changed ..you don't have to go hiking to find epic terrain its everywhere I'm going need 10+ days just to get my head around the fields terrain options ... and as TC doesn't have much easy terrain pretty much everyone out on the field knows what they are doing >>not to many newbies standing in stupid places like NZSki...

If I was taking out a confident international snowboarder for his first taste of NZ ... it would be TC everyday of the week
Dunno man, I think Cardrona is the best resort for snowboarders! Wide open bowls for laying carves. It probably depends how you want to ride. We're spoilt down there for sure.

Don't forget that Ruapehu on a pow day is amazing with its endless terrain, but these days are hard to find with the terrible weather! Heading up Tuesday night for a day with the kids. Queenstown/Wanaka in August. 👍

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes I had one of my best days of last season at Cardrona during SEPT with a snow dump ending only minutes to coming off the chair >>> certainly a better mountain for the freestyler Park skater types + nice wide groomers to carve ... but for me TC has the Freeride in spades natural halfpipes for us surfer type boarders with some great chutes right across the mountain

·
Registered
381 Posts
I may end up applying for a refund on my epic pass.

Now that they have extended the Sydney lockdown to the end of the month it means I only have one potential trip at the end of August as I have missed my June and July trips and can no longer do my September trip anyway.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I may end up applying for a refund on my epic pass.

Now that they have extended the Sydney lockdown to the end of the month it means I only have one potential trip at the end of August as I have missed my June and July trips and can no longer do my September trip anyway.
I've refunded a heap of trips now, and most likely will apply for a Epic refund too at this stage.
Kind of bummed that it basically cost $400 when I went for 3 days on opening week to ride front valley... but at least I had a few days out I guess o_O

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've refunded a heap of trips now, and most likely will apply for a Epic refund too at this stage.
Kind of bummed that it basically cost $400 when I went for 3 days on opening week to ride front valley... but at least I had a few days out I guess o_O
I've used mine 2 days so at least I can get a 71% refund and one of those days was a 15cm dump!

I've got a 4 day trip at the end of August planned so I'll hold off applying for the refund as long as possible just in case I can still get that trip.

Even then I'm only going to get 6 days for the whole season when I usually get 16.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Far out I feel bad for any NSWelshmen who aren't able to make the most of their Epic passes. Reading the news, thanks to those removalist assholes, there's a potential that Melbourne could go into a lockdown too.

Just so long as they don't lump my small country town in with Brunswick Street, the MCG, H&M Highpoint, and IKEA Richmond, we might get away ok....

·
Registered
66 Posts
With so many places barred from getting into Perisher and Thredbo right now, I'm surprised most places are even staying open. There can't be much positivity in the rest of this season for the Snowy folk surely, with the School Holidays, the high season closed out for majority of Sydney and now with the other side of Victoria being disallowed re-entry to their state.

·
936 Posts
I've had to move my trip for the third time now. I'm booked in for the 1st August at Falls Ck but I can already see that not going ahead now with more cases in Vic.

I emailed Epic and they said apply for the refund, interesting to see how that pans out but It looks like I'll get money back on everything else except airfares which will be credited and my leave through work who are being C U in the N T about it.........I'm devo tbh but now but what do you do.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #412 ·
I can still get down by avoiding Sydney but have to take the long way around through Bathurst, extra 170km. Absolutely ridiculous that you can not drive through Sydney via the motorways without stopping. Do they think Covid fly's around in the air on the M7 waiting to get sucked into your A/C. We have zero Covid in our City but I guess being Vaccinated doesn't count for anything with Conservatives in NSW

·
Registered
517 Posts
Wait til what the VIC Govt does - it's gonna be a case of "yes, we think ALLLLL you muthafuckas in Dederang and Tangambalanga, pose the same risk as the (let's face it - insert the fucking demographics that we're not allowed to point out) family parties going on in middle-eastern suburbs of melbourne - oh shit, Census has that hard data but we are not allowed to mention if i recall....

^^ I get the above. as a part-Asian who was subjected to MASSIVE racism at private boys high school, that was okay - just not allowed to mention if the guy who robbed you yesterday was black - you have to say "he was of no gender, and i believe IT was potentially HUMAN". Fcking awesome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can still get down by avoiding Sydney but have to take the long way around through Bathurst, extra 170km. Absolutely ridiculous that you can not drive through Sydney via the motorways without stopping. Do they think Covid fly's around in the air on the M7 waiting to get sucked into your A/C. We have zero Covid in our City but I guess being Vaccinated doesn't count for anything with Conservatives in NSW
We are heading down next Friday.
Just rang ServiceNSW and they confirmed "you can drive through Greater Sydney Area as long as you do not stop for any reason".

Which is Excellent as it save close to 3hrs travel time!!!!!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #418 ·
We are heading down next Friday.
Just rang ServiceNSW and they confirmed "you can drive through Greater Sydney Area as long as you do not stop for any reason".

View attachment 158510

Which is Excellent as it save close to 3hrs travel time!!!!!
It doesn't say that in the exemptions. However it is very convoluted. John Barilaro daughter just got fined $1k for driving from Queenbeyan into Sydney then out again to Canberra then home to Queenbeyan.

·
Registered
192 Posts
It doesn't say that in the exemptions. However it is very convoluted. John Barilaro daughter just got fined $1k for driving from Queenbeyan into Sydney then out again to Canberra then home to Queenbeyan.

Fucking Bruz... he is a nasty piece of work who thinks rules and law are for other people to follow. The rotten apple doesn't fall far from the corrupt tree.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah saw your post about circumnavigating Sydney and freaked. That's why I rang and confirmed with ServiceNSW.

From what I can understand about Bruz's daughter, she has traveled to a "premises" in Sydney and out again.
A paragraph in this abc artricle hints at what happened.
"The health orders also mean that people who have visited a home or business in Sydney must self-isolate for 14-days after they return to country areas, including to Queanbeyan."

401 - 420 of 456 Posts