Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
421 - 440 of 456 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #421 ·
They need some definitions ie what does "Visit" mean, what does "Transit" mean. It says that NSW residents can transit through NSW but then say they must not enter Greater Sydney unless exemptions. FFS, you can go to Sydney to look at a house to buy ie Liberals only caring about Stamp Duty $$$$$$.

I just want to transit through Greater Sydney without stopping. Seems like a reasonable request to me.

·
Registered
517 Posts
You guys are so lucky. Vic government being total stars again - what's happening with fuckwits in Western and Northern suburbs of Melbourne - NEEDING to go to Maccas, H&M, IKEA, etc etc - how do we address those pricks?

Oh I know, let's make Falls close their lifts, and regional businesses who have seen NO cases of Covid EVER (as far as I'm aware, there hasn't been a single case reported amongst business or residents of people in my small town) can suffer as a result.

My view is simplistic as I'm not super educated on the matter, but the average punter in me wonders how many more fucking times my small town has to be lumped in with certain age and race demographics in lower socioeconomic areas (relative to other parts of the city), who are carrying out all their defiant tomfuckery 5hrs' drive away....

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #423 ·
You guys are so lucky. Vic government being total stars again - what's happening with fuckwits in Western and Northern suburbs of Melbourne - NEEDING to go to Maccas, H&M, IKEA, etc etc - how do we address those pricks?

Oh I know, let's make Falls close their lifts, and regional businesses who have seen NO cases of Covid EVER (as far as I'm aware, there hasn't been a single case reported amongst business or residents of people in my small town) can suffer as a result.

My view is simplistic as I'm not super educated on the matter, but the average punter in me wonders how many more fucking times my small town has to be lumped in with certain age and race demographics in lower socioeconomic areas (relative to other parts of the city), who are carrying out all their defiant tomfuckery 5hrs' drive away....
Really it's pretty easy. Where you have covid cases, lock that area down hard. Where there is none, it's okay. If you are vaccinated you are sweet to move around. I was talking to this Chinese cleaner at our work and he said in China if you are not vaccinated you can't go anywhere. When you are vaccinated you get a pass on your phone and you can move around.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Really it's pretty easy. Where you have covid cases, lock that area down hard. Where there is none, it's okay. If you are vaccinated you are sweet to move around.
Yeah see, I would have thought that is simple logic, too - but apparently, according to Dan who likes to use vague-as-fuck language, we're all one state.

This snap lockdown that is required because of the fucks in Point Cook and Broadmeadows, is also a great fit for... a small town hundreds of kilometers away, that has had ZERO cases since the pandemic started more than a year ago.

Sorry for the rant, it's just so frustrating. After angling for a couple of months to take a minor pay cut in order to be able to add Tuesdays to my free days for snowboarding, and with this Tuesday looking like a good day to go up, this shit happens, and it's not even fucking relevant to anyone in town, who are all talking about how the next week is going to hurt financially, they were banking on those sales, rentals etc from people in the border bubble, and why are we getting lumped in with a shithole city half a day's drive away?

Potential end of rant.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #425 ·
Yeah see, I would have thought that is simple logic, too - but apparently, according to Dan who likes to use vague-as-fuck language, we're all one state.

This snap lockdown that is required because of the fucks in Point Cook and Broadmeadows, is also a great fit for... a small town hundreds of kilometers away, that has had ZERO cases since the pandemic started more than a year ago.

Sorry for the rant, it's just so frustrating. After angling for a couple of months to take a minor pay cut in order to be able to add Tuesdays to my free days for snowboarding, and with this Tuesday looking like a good day to go up, this shit happens, and it's not even fucking relevant to anyone in town, who are all talking about how the next week is going to hurt financially, they were banking on those sales, rentals etc from people in the border bubble, and why are we getting lumped in with a shithole city half a day's drive away?

Potential end of rant.
I reckon they do it across the State is to try and take the suicidal political pressure of themselves for picking on the one effected suburbs.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I reckon they do it across the State is to try and take the suicidal political pressure of themselves for picking on the one effected suburbs.
That'd be it. God forbid they call out any one suburb. And if you mention what genders might be involved, then you might as well hand in your resignation because we are all non-binary these days, apparently.

Except... WHERE DID THESE COCKNBALLZ COME FROM??????

·
936 Posts
So everything good within the Alpine Shire right so why have they stopped spinning lifts?

Still hoping to get down there.

·
Registered
517 Posts
So everything good within the Alpine Shire right so why have they stopped spinning lifts?

Still hoping to get down there.
I sincerely hope you can get down here too. I just received my new Nitro Phantoms from Twelve today - they are a VERY nice bit of kit, and it'd be nice to be able to use them this season.

As for why the lifts have stopped turning? Because the fuckheads in the VIC government are lumping Tawonga, Dederang and Tangambalanga regional residents in with the superspreader c7nts in Point Cook and Richmond.

Once upon a time I used to approve of this government's Covid approach. Increasingly, I am getting more and more fucked off with how these shits continually fuck over local businesses and communities, under some bullshit "we are one state, everyone in the super hot spots as well as the regional areas that DO NOT HAVE ANY CASES, are all to be under the same blanket policy".

How many more businesses in my Covid free little town need to close, because fuckheads hundreds of km's away need to go window shopping after watching the footy and going out for dinner???

·
936 Posts
I sincerely hope you can get down here too. I just received my new Nitro Phantoms from Twelve today - they are a VERY nice bit of kit, and it'd be nice to be able to use them this season.

As for why the lifts have stopped turning? Because the fuckheads in the VIC government are lumping Tawonga, Dederang and Tangambalanga regional residents in with the superspreader c7nts in Point Cook and Richmond.

Once upon a time I used to approve of this government's Covid approach. Increasingly, I am getting more and more fucked off with how these shits continually fuck over local businesses and communities, under some bullshit "we are one state, everyone in the super hot spots as well as the regional areas that DO NOT HAVE ANY CASES, are all to be under the same blanket policy".

How many more businesses in my Covid free little town need to close, because fuckheads hundreds of km's away need to go window shopping after watching the footy and going out for dinner???
I wrote a long response but just deleted it, to summarise it though, people are kunts!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #433 · (Edited)
Gee checking the snowcams today. None working in Vic'. People walking up the mountain to ride. Feel sorry for the Victorians again. NSW lifts running and crowd numbers look really good. Only a few more weeks to go for me.🤞

·
936 Posts
Victorian lockdown extended another 7 days, I wonder how long some of the businesses on the mountain can keep going before they start shutting doors.

Lockdown finishes 27th and I'm supposed to be in to FC 31st...... looking like some more good snow forecasted this week

·
Registered
517 Posts
Victorian lockdown extended another 7 days, I wonder how long some of the businesses on the mountain can keep going before they start shutting doors.

Lockdown finishes 27th and I'm supposed to be in to FC 31st...... looking like some more good snow forecasted this week
Just spoke to my neighbour who is one of the lead groomers at Falls - he is still going up as grooming and farming is still taking place, and he said it's looking pretty fcking good up there. I started to get the jitters, hearing him talk - release us from lockdown so that my board can be released from the tuning shop, I want to test my Nitro Phantoms and ride full camber again goddamit!!!

Summit chair at Bluecow, never seen this much snow there before!
Holy cow that looks frigging amazing! I wish I was there - last time I was at Perisher was 2018 and I didn't know how to carve properly. I would love to go back and tear the absolute shit outta Pleasant Valley with big wide lines.

·
936 Posts
Feel sorry for NT. Hope he gets down for his Vic boarding trip this year.
I’m a realist, it’s a first world problem and just disappointed especially as the week starting the 1st Aug is looking really solid. Fingers crossed Vic can get out of lockdown and the lifts start spinning next week.

421 - 440 of 456 Posts