Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

41 - 60 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Had a couple of days up Remarkables Queenstown this week the first after around a foot of fresh .....epic first day ...as NZ School Holidays so pretty busy ...but well worth the efforts.... looking forward to having many more days up Remarks-Coronet peak before SEPT__ Cardrona with the family ....

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
We look like having a really big dump in NSW in the next few days. Desperately need it to get all the lifts open.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Had a couple of days up Remarkables Queenstown this week the first after around a foot of fresh .....epic first day ...as NZ School Holidays so pretty busy ...but well worth the efforts.... looking forward to having many more days up Remarks-Coronet peak before SEPT__ Cardrona with the family ....
I did my first day of the season today at Remarks. It was raining so most kept away, with chains we got a 2nd row park at 8:40. At lunch it started to clear up and I found some pow stashes later in the afternoon.

435639CD-00ED-4226-B954-F35695CB0849.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
How is the depth and coverage there?
Dunno what it's usually like down there but it seemed pretty good. Once the vis improved it was an awesome day. Off the groomers there was a lot of powder and not many people riding it.

I'm used to riding Ruapehu which only gets good at 1.5m of base, but that's a rocky mountain. You don't need as much base down here where it's just tussock grass.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I see you have a few of these Hybrid chair lifts in NZ that have both Gondola's and chairs on the same line.
coronetpeak-coronetexpress.jpg

·
Registered
288 Posts
I had a long weekend down at Perisher last week, there was not much open but the crowds were low so many laps were had. On the Friday night we got a little over 15cm which made the conditions on Saturday really good and I was riding my new board.
I had planned to go splitboarding on the Monday but my mate was not feeling well. Next trip is end of July.

·
540 Posts
I had a long weekend down at Perisher last week, there was not much open but the crowds were low so many laps were had. On the Friday night we got a little over 15cm which made the conditions on Saturday really good and I was riding my new board.
I had planned to go splitboarding on the Monday but my mate was not feeling well. Next trip is end of July.
Awesome, what new board did you end up with?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Awesome, what new board did you end up with?
I sold my Arbor Terrapin after riding it once in Japan, replaced it with a Capita Outerspace Living. Kind of meant to be a do everything board I can use as a second board in Japan alongside a dedicated powder board and just general all mountain and a bit of park riding back home in Aus.

Really like the OSL so put my Capita Springbreak twin up for sale now, hoping to replace that with a Korua Dart 160.

·
540 Posts
I sold my Arbor Terrapin after riding it once in Japan, replaced it with a Capita Outerspace Living. Kind of meant to be a do everything board I can use as a second board in Japan alongside a dedicated powder board and just general all mountain and a bit of park riding back home in Aus.

Really like the OSL so put my Capita Springbreak twin up for sale now, hoping to replace that with a Korua Dart 160.
I see there's a Korua Dart but in 156 on Gumtree at Jindy

·
Registered
393 Posts
70cm's overnight at Perisher?!?!?! Craig, when are you going???

Damn. Vic resorts are looking pretty woeful at the moment. Thinking about getting snowshoes + poles and hiking whatever stash is left (can't justify a decent splitboard setup, $$$ wise that's my adjustable suspension for the Polo).

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
70cm's overnight at Perisher?!?!?! Craig, when are you going???

Damn. Vic resorts are looking pretty woeful at the moment. Thinking about getting snowshoes + poles and hiking whatever stash is left (can't justify a decent splitboard setup, $$$ wise that's my adjustable suspension for the Polo).
2nd week of Aug and 1st week of Sep

·
Registered
288 Posts
I see there's a Korua Dart but in 156 on Gumtree at Jindy
I ended up putting a deposit on the 156 Dart in Jindy, picking it up on my next trip at the end of the month, price was too good to resist.
I actually phoned up Twelveboardstore first as they were having a big sale but hadn't reduced the price on the Dart 160 I wanted. Anyway the best price they could do was still $150 more expensive than what I paid for the 156.

41 - 60 of 121 Posts