Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

61 - 80 of 121 Posts

·
540 Posts
I ended up putting a deposit on the 156 Dart in Jindy, picking it up on my next trip at the end of the month, price was too good to resist.
I actually phoned up Twelveboardstore first as they were having a big sale but hadn't reduced the price on the Dart 160 I wanted. Anyway the best price they could do was still $150 more expensive than what I paid for the 156.
Also a tranny finder brand new up on GT $650

·
Registered
393 Posts
I ended up putting a deposit on the 156 Dart in Jindy, picking it up on my next trip at the end of the month, price was too good to resist.
I actually phoned up Twelveboardstore first as they were having a big sale but hadn't reduced the price on the Dart 160 I wanted. Anyway the best price they could do was still $150 more expensive than what I paid for the 156.
Yeah I think they'd be struggling - I've been eyeing up a Party Platter from them, and whilst the listing says "Sale", I think they mean "this is for sale", not "this is ON sale" -- the graphic looks epic and I really want to try one, but given that I'd be rocking an "old" board next season (I can't see Melburnians letting up on exercising their fundamental human right to go to concerts / sporting events / shoulder-to-shoulder shopping in H&M and Culture Kings, anytime soon), $800 is a little too steep for my blood at this stage of the year.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yeah I think they'd be struggling - I've been eyeing up a Party Platter from them, and whilst the listing says "Sale", I think they mean "this is for sale", not "this is ON sale" -- the graphic looks epic and I really want to try one, but given that I'd be rocking an "old" board next season (I can't see Melburnians letting up on exercising their fundamental human right to go to concerts / sporting events / shoulder-to-shoulder shopping in H&M and Culture Kings, anytime soon), $800 is a little too steep for my blood at this stage of the year.
They have just listed more boards on sale plus you can get an extra 5% with the coupon code. My mate is going to buy the 160 korua dart so at least I should be able to ride both sizes now and see which one suits me best.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah they did send out search and rescue. He's so proud now he tells me he's kinda celebrity in New Zealand haha

·
Registered
393 Posts
Our Club was going to New Zealand this year but got cancelled. Our Club president made the news in 2013 broke his legs and survived 17 hours overnight in sub zero temps out of bounds at Treble Cone

Holy sheit! That's a little hectic.... I'm with ManicMouse -- going off piste in conditions you're either unaware of or are try to prove something via, is WAY above my pay grade.

Geez, I'll stick to groomed beginner runs all day, if it's fun enough that day!

He's very lucky. I'd die overnight as I don't wear much when riding!!
Same! I like light pants (usually Columbia or HH), an undershirt+flannel+vest if the conditions allow, thin beanie under my helmet, folding-finger mitts. I would die out there, if going off piste into a storm, was my bag.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Same! I like light pants (usually Columbia or HH), an undershirt+flannel+vest if the conditions allow, thin beanie under my helmet, folding-finger mitts. I would die out there, if going off piste into a storm, was my bag.
I wear some sort of mid-range pants, merino t-shirt (short sleeves), hoodie (removed during the morning), mid-range jacket (more than a shell at least), mitts (not for cold weather) and helmet (no beanie). I only ride with a bag if going off piste, I should probably get a foil blanket as @rayt100 says!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I get cold but rarely get hot so whatever i wear works at anything from +1 to -5 degrees fortunately. Having said that, I have never gone snowboarding without thermal pants, don't care how warm it is lol. I don't really mess with serious out of bounds boarding as I can't be fucked carrying the equipment and there is always enough powder in the trees somewhere in bounds.

·
Registered
393 Posts
See Epic pass holders now do not have to book days at Perisher. (y)

Pass Holder Reservations
I would "like" this post, but I'm a bit jelly -- I live half an hour away from my hill (nowadays), and the lifts aren't even turning!!! Good for you New South Welshmen though, for real -- doing a damn sight better than Mr. I'm-gonna-drive-80-kms-to-get-my-favourite-butter-chicken-because-it's-as-fundamental-a-human-right-as-the-right-not-to-be-subject-to-genocide asshole that I saw in Melbourne on the news, the other day.

I have never gone snowboarding without thermal pants, don't care how warm it is lol. I don't really mess with serious out of bounds boarding as I can't be fucked carrying the equipment and there is always enough powder in the trees somewhere in bounds.
Aww man, I've NEVER worn thermal pants. Can't do it! I like to keep it "light and breezy" hahaha. All my pants (5 pairs -- when I think I need new pants, I buy new pants, even if I don't need them, which is strange because I don't even like wearing pants when I'm at home) have thigh vents.

And I'm with you there -- the places I go to have plenty to explore in mild sidecountry at most. Carrying avvy gear / topographical maps / lodging my plans with family and friends.... kudos to people who do all that, because honestly I CBF.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Gee looked at the snow cams today. Most of the Vic resorts have hardly any snow on the ground and it's almost August.

61 - 80 of 121 Posts