Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Gee looked at the snow cams today. Most of the Vic resorts have hardly any snow on the ground and it's almost August.
Yeah it's pretty shocking. I was almost thinking about springing for a splitboard setup (if it was dumping), then this changed to snow shoes (if snow levels were maintaining), now I'm not even going to bother. There's more value to be had by skating in town, rather than heading up the hill.

Yeah a couple came up on my feed and it looked like rock boards were going to be the flavour of the day.........
Today, Falls is icy as shit and local reports show that they've pulled the pin on grooming, pending the weather over the next few days. It's looking pretty miserable.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Saw there in predicted big dump next week.
Yep. This announcement - knowing entitled, arrogant, "this is the best shitty in the world" (forget Vancouver or Barcelona or literally, like, ANY city in Japan) Melburnians who think that it's a fundamental human right to be able to enjoy clean drinking water / freedom from oppression and genocide / a nice drive wherever they want, just because it so pleases them....

I expect to see a massive surge of Melbourne tourists around my way.

That's it. I'm setting up my GoPro and reporting anyone who doesn't look like they're from Wang, Wodonga, local towns, to the police, so they can make a mint on fines.

Melbourne has fucked regional Victoria... now, I think it's time we start fucking Melbourne back.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Saw there in predicted big dump next week.
Probably going to hit as I am leaving unfortunately but they need more snow that's for sure!

Perisher is also looking like a dodgy cv19 hotspot from what I’ve read isn’t it?
What did you read? links? I honestly think they are doing the best they can to keep people safe, capacity is very low, no lift lines at all last weekend. I had an esky full of food in the car so didn't eat in the common areas but on the previous trip they had very strict protocols in place inside the eating areas.

·
540 Posts
Probably going to hit as I am leaving unfortunately but they need more snow that's for sure!

What did you read? links? I honestly think they are doing the best they can to keep people safe, capacity is very low, no lift lines at all last weekend. I had an esky full of food in the car so didn't eat in the common areas but on the previous trip they had very strict protocols in place inside the eating areas.
Read it was being looked at as a hotspot but they were having difficulties confirming

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #89

They found CV19 traces in the sewer.
They can trace a lot of shit that goes down the sewer.😖

·
Registered
289 Posts
JD
How's the Dart going?
I'd imagine it'd be mega surfy.

This is looking good next week.

Honestly I'm trying to like it but so far it's my least favourite board to carve with. I rode it again today until lunchtime then swapped to my outerspace living which actually rips a really nice carve for a all mountain freestyle board.

The Dart might be surfy in pow but it's a lot of work to carve.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Honestly I'm trying to like it but so far it's my least favourite board to carve with. I rode it again today until lunchtime then swapped to my outerspace living which actually rips a really nice carve for a all mountain freestyle board.

Yep it's hard to beat a cambered board for carving. That's what a mainly stick to Custom or CX on piste days. I'm taking down a new 2012 162W Vapor I picked up a few months ago that has never been ridden and I'll see how that goes.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yep it's hard to beat a cambered board for carving. That's what a mainly stick to Custom or CX on piste days. I'm taking down a new 2012 162W Vapor I picked up a few months ago that has never been ridden and I'll see how that goes.
The dart has a lot of camber, very stiff, very wide, lots of work to drive it hard.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts

Based on the Pencil plus I have to agree. I guess my relationship with the Korua is a bit of a hate love thing. It's a lot of work to ride it but when it works the feeling is like no other board I have tried. I don't know if it's just the width either. The Slush Slasher is just as wide but more like riding a kitten compared to the Pencil.

When I was at a demo event last winter I brought my Pencil and rode it between the demo boards. The conditions were bad and it was a pain to ride the Pencil. Based on that experience I would never have bought it and I even seriously considered selling it after that trip.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Looking great for next week big dump predicted on the weekend up to 75cm. Just about to start scrapping back the powder boards.⛄

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Looking great for next week big dump predicted on the weekend up to 75cm. Just about to start scrapping back the powder boards.⛄

Saw that coming, I'm heading down on Sunday for a few days 🏂

81 - 100 of 121 Posts