Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the article:

Avalanche strikes near Revelstoke - British Columbia - CBC News

An avalanche may have buried between three and five people near Revelstoke, B.C.

The avalanche happened Friday afternoon in an out of bounds area outside Revelstoke Mountain Resort.

RCMP and rescue officials are near the scene, and details are still coming in. Police have not yet confirmed any deaths.

The Canadian Avalanche Centre had upgraded the avalanche risk to 'high' for alpine and treeline mountain regions throughout most of B.C. Friday.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
From the article:

Avalanche strikes near Revelstoke - British Columbia - CBC News

An avalanche may have buried between three and five people near Revelstoke, B.C.

The avalanche happened Friday afternoon in an out of bounds area outside Revelstoke Mountain Resort.

RCMP and rescue officials are near the scene, and details are still coming in. Police have not yet confirmed any deaths.

The Canadian Avalanche Centre had upgraded the avalanche risk to 'high' for alpine and treeline mountain regions throughout most of B.C. Friday.
Very sad. Avi conditions have been very stable until this recent snow.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Guy died last weekend on Jumbo Glacier B.C. Avalanches are eating people non-stop. I just cannot get over my paranoia. Probably going to prohibit me from boarding the most epic lines the world has to offer.

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Guy died last weekend on Jumbo Glacier B.C. Avalanches are eating people non-stop. I just cannot get over my paranoia. Probably going to prohibit me from boarding the most epic lines the world has to offer.
Same here, everywhere I drive I look up at these lines and think about it. But I'm a wuss and the resorts do the avalanche control/assessment for me. On the other hand, it's not like our resorts leave something to be desired! There's plenty of great in bounds terrain to nearly kill ourselves on!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hectic. I was up there today and spoke to a couple of people in the lodge who had be skiing out of bounds. They didn't even know the risk rating was high...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts