Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the deal im planing on going on a back country snowboarding trip for 5 days were dont know yet and who's all going dont know any advice would be great and if any one wants in as well

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Well where are you going?

Have you been in the BC before?

Does every single one of you have all the proper gear? Pack? Beacon? Probe? Shovel?

Do you guys know how to test the snowpack?

Are you gonna hike or split?

Going with a guide or just 'going?'

EDIT: I see you live in Michigan, is this where you are riding?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks
Gear at this time dones't matter

And yes i will be hirering a guied

But first need to find some were to go and who all is going

and yes we will be on slids

yes i ride in michigan but i have been riding for 25years and have been to a lot of Mtn's and hill

Wer where are you going?

Have you been in the BC before?

Does every single one of you have all the proper gear? Pack? Beacon? Probe? Shovel?

Do you guys know how to test the snowpack?

Are you gonna hike or split?

Going with a guide or just 'going?'

EDIT: I see you live in Michigan, is this where you are riding?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Thanks
Gear at this time dones't matter

And yes i will be hirering a guied

But first need to find some were to go and who all is going

and yes we will be on slids

yes i ride in michigan but i have been riding for 25years and have been to a lot of Mtn's and hill
Are you serious? :dizzy:

So since you have been riding for 25 years you don't need to worry about snowpack eh? Avalanches are not a joke.....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No thats not what i ment ill get the gear once i know were im going but write know need to find some were to go

typical guys worring about the small thing before the big things are figured out
what im asking is were is a good places to go back country look at it this way founds are not a problem

Are you serious? :dizzy:

So since you have been riding for 25 years you don't need to worry about snowpack eh? Avalanches are not a joke.....

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
This almost seems like a joke post,

if your serious and have the money go anywhere out west that does guided snowcat tours and go that route safe and all you have todo is show up with proper outerwear.

Good luck

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
British Columbia cat trip for 5 days in the vicinity of Nelson.
+1, if I had the cash this is what I would do for a B/C trip. Guides, cooks, people to wipe your ass. All you have to do is wake up and board. :bowdown:

Island Lake is pretty famous near Fernie, but I think they're booked up to 2099 or so. Anything in the Nelson to Fernie part of BC seems to be where the most things are filmed, famous photos taken, etc.

·
Veteran Member
11,591 Posts
Look at snow cat operators. They will get you out there at a reasonable price and handle the safety precautions and such. Not to say stuff can't go bad on you, but they do a pretty good job keeping you out of trouble. It is wild snow though, so you'll want to listen to the guides.

Seems to me this is more of the type of trip you are looking for.

·
Registered
94 Posts
sorry 420 lol

going to Colorado in 3 weeks

want to go back country in march

and ending the session of with a trip to mammoth

maybe ill go to a camp in the summer
skip the boarding, spend the money on going back to school to learn proper spelling and grammar. I don't mean University either, I'm thinking Billy Madison...:eusa_clap:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I would take snowolfs advice and do a guided avi course. March can be awesome in the pnw. Go to mount baker and hire aai guide liz daley. Could do you well to tour around and see another female ripper. Dont know how to linky info.

Fwiw.. I am only a half dozen years from michigan, and started riding at pine knob and alpine.

·
Veteran Member
11,591 Posts
Silverton is not really having a great snow year. It is alright for what it is. Lots of billy goat hiking you have to do at that area. I'd go with the Liz Daley tour idea if you are going to put that amount of work in. I don't think this is what the OP wants, though I could be wrong.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.