Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I'm not new to snowboarding but haven't been out since 2000:dizzy:

I ran a snowboard shop for 8 years back in the 90's but eventually walked away due to the owner and my frustrations dealing with him. My last job kept me busiest during the peak of snowboarding season and I simply lost touch with the sport. I've decided it is time to get back into something that started way back in 1988.

I'm sure the gear has changed a bit and the sport has obviously exploded since the days when you saw two or three other people on a board and were abused by skiers. I'm looking forward to pulling out an old board or two to ride and will be getting something new before the upcoming season.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I'm not new to snowboarding but haven't been out since 2000:dizzy:

I ran a snowboard shop for 8 years back in the 90's but eventually walked away due to the owner and my frustrations dealing with him. My last job kept me busiest during the peak of snowboarding season and I simply lost touch with the sport. I've decided it is time to get back into something that started way back in 1988.

I'm sure the gear has changed a bit and the sport has obviously exploded since the days when you saw two or three other people on a board and were abused by skiers. I'm looking forward to pulling out an old board or two to ride and will be getting something new before the upcoming season.
Welcome back! The gear has definitely changed. Well, more like the TECH has changed. There's a ton of info on here, some of it might be overwhelming, but with your background I bet you'll be OK. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome back! The gear has definitely changed. Well, more like the TECH has changed. There's a ton of info on here, some of it might be overwhelming, but with your background I bet you'll be OK. :thumbsup:
I lived, at and dreamed that stuff for a decade so I'm sure a little refresher is all I need. I see you are from Hudson, I used to stay up there at my grandparents house on the lake on some snowboarding trips in the late 80's and early 90's, love that area.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,450 Posts
WELCOME BACK :wavetowel2:

Best thing in gear evolution: boots and bindings got really comfortable.

Oh... and snowboarding is not in anymore. In are freeride skies for youngsters and telemark skies for experimental middle aged ones, at least in our region ;) Numbers of boarders declined continuously the last 5 years

1 - 6 of 6 Posts