Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a backpack for transit, and would appreciate some recommendation. I mainly take train to local resort, carrying everything with me including board, boots, helmet, etc. The commute usually involves lots of stairs and uneven floors, so roller bag is not an option. Are there any backpack that can carry a snowboard with boots and helmet? I've done some research but couldn't find any. Thanks for any advice and suggestions.

·
Registered
870 Posts
A snowboard bag can carry both the board and boots.

But including helmet?

Sounds like a 2 bag solution.

My boot bag also carries my helmet and gloves

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
661 Posts
Get a pack that has a helmet strap and a board carry. Strap in the boots to the bindings. Everything else in the pack. Done

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just happens to be on sale right now:

Thanks! Yes it's very close to what I'm looking for. The only issue is not having boots compartment. I've seen lots of similar backpacks from Burton and Dakine. I guess they are designed for outdoor backcountry activities, so no boots compartment needed.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Ha I found a very interesting compact boot backpack. The only missing feature is a snowboard strap. Are there any similar backpacks?

Why could you not just arrange the boots in that same configuration in a backpack (similar to the one I posted - doesn't have to be that brand/model) that has a FAR superior harness system and way more features built into it such as the features you specifically are looking for? This pack (in the photo) looks simply like a carry-on piece of airline luggage to me with a helmet strapped onto it as an afterthought.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why could you not just arrange the boots in that same configuration in a backpack (similar to the one I posted - doesn't have to be that brand/model) that has a FAR superior harness system and way more features built into it such as the features you specifically are looking for? This pack (in the photo) looks simply like a carry-on piece of airline luggage to me with a helmet strapped onto it as an afterthought.
I find the configuration very compact and interesting. But you are right it can be done in the Burton backpack, maybe with some insert pad to secure the boots inside.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I would get a comfortable backpack to carry everything except board and carry board under my arm. I do this currently for short distances and it would be fine for longer too.

But the Burton Booter Pack does what you want. I would expect it to be awkward to use though, as strapping a board to a deep bag such as this will be unstable and uncomfortable

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I have an older version of this bag and I can fit a ton of stuff in it. I usually get my helmet, boots, snowboard pants, gloves, and goggles all in the bag. I could fit more stuff in my snowboard bag but always get worried when i am flying my bag will get lost or delayed so i keep the things I need in my boot bag.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I have an older version of this bag and I can fit a ton of stuff in it. I usually get my helmet, boots, snowboard pants, gloves, and goggles all in the bag. I could fit more stuff in my snowboard bag but always get worried when i am flying my bag will get lost or delayed so i keep the things I need in my boot bag.
I have this bag and use it for carry on when travelling overseas. Absolutely superb. Also great for going down and doing grocery shopping.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts