Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need help getting my BS 360s all the way around, it looks like my body is just getting twisted in the air which is stopping the spin just not sure how to fix it. But I’ve been snowboarding since February this year so don’t judge me too bad

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nice progress in such short time! I don't think your problem is twisting body in the air, you are trying to finish rotation by counter-rotating the last part of it which is a correct technique. It seems you just don't have enough rotational momentum from the take-off and need to work on approach and pre-wind timing.

In the first jump your position is more like for BS180 with no-prewind. In the second jump you prewind too early, then release it slowly and inconsistently loosing momentum. It should be more like a short swing with your arms on such small jumps, check out this video by Tommieb http://instagr.am/p/B4BMP3GlHOk/
But you're close, on 2nd jump your movements are generally correct including counter rotation at the end, you just need to put everything together with proper timing. Maybe practice it at home without board.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts