Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
For backside, I think Indy is. I think it's indy. The left hand between the bindings.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I do a tail grab and just tweek the shit out of it, works best for me. Just find a grab that you feel right with when start your spinning and work from there. Props to all the progress you have done this year, your videos are great to watch maybe you need to make an end of year recap.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Since he is riding goofy.
Wouldn't it be a seat belt??? front hand to uphill binding as this would lock the shoulders into the rotation and better allow him to keep his head looking into the rotation, allowing him to spin completely around???

Never done it just trying to visualize the motions...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For backside, I think Indy is. I think it's indy. The left hand between the bindings.
Indy sounds pretty good. That or like a rocket air.

Other way around, stale or mute are the "easy" grabs for BS spins.
Mute is on the toe edge rights?

I do a tail grab and just tweek the shit out of it, works best for me. Just find a grab that you feel right with when start your spinning and work from there. Props to all the progress you have done this year, your videos are great to watch maybe you need to make an end of year recap.
:thumbsup: Thanks bro! You dont even have a clue how much that hypes me up.

Since he is riding goofy.
Wouldn't it be a seat belt??? front hand to uphill binding as this would lock the shoulders into the rotation and better allow him to keep his head looking into the rotation, allowing him to spin completely around???

Never done it just trying to visualize the motions...
Seat belt? I still dont think I can do those. Never tried but what could hurt?

Mute or Stalefish for BS for sure is easiest.... good job on the 7's!
Im thinking Mute. Thanks!

whatever makes you most comfortable
Feel ya on that lol
^this guy gets it.

My safety grab is always melon
Melon? For a 7?
Tindy all the way!!!
Tindy? lol idk about that.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Mute is front hand between your bindings toe edge, this is going to drop your lead shoulder and help you tuck your head down for the rotation and spot your landing.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mute is front hand between your bindings toe edge, this is going to drop your lead shoulder and help you tuck your head down for the rotation and spot your landing.
Thanks for clearing that up

i usually grab tail with my backside spins along with stale fish and mute.
Thanks!

I defo. think im going to throw a mute 720 tomorrow.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Throwing a melon on a BS spin is actually pretty hard, putting your lead arm behind you counters a lot of the rotational force that you usually want to keep during a spin.
I know about the counter rotation, I still don't find it hard. The first 7 i learned was back melon. This goes back to the point about doing a grab that you are comfortable with you don't need all this logic bs.

Maybe i just have something for melons haha

·
With extra cheese.
1,750 Posts
Mute and stale on backside spins, indy and melon on frontside airs are probably the most natural. Hell, if I just straight air a stale, for example, all I have to do is look backwards and my body counter-rotates a backside 1 even if I didn't set up for it.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Agreed ^ I just think Indy is easier because it tucks your body and allows yo to spin quicker.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Ya, I just do my Indy's better. I have trouble with backside grabs. To me they seem uncomfortable and make you have to reach more. With Indy's I just lift up my legs and the grab comes to my hand. It could be just me though.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Thunder - try a Mute, its just a front hand Indy basically, you will be surprised how easy they are and they look steezy with a FS shifty and really tuck you for BS spins. Try it now and look under your back shoulder, then try indy - the indy will make it so your shoulder hits your chin, but mute opens it right up.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts