Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a backyard terrain park or thinking about building one? I really can't wait till next season to ride again.
I'm just about done getting mine together. I really want to get those front boards down before next season

·
Registered
83 Posts
yeah ive been workin on mine, got most of my supplies next sunny day it will get set up and ripped
does that drop in with the white fence work well?

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
This was 2 yrs ago if I recall correctly
We also have a corregated pipe and PVC pipe for it

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ slyder-good looking setup...do you still have it and use it?

@lj79615-the white fence is called lattice fence. i got it from home depot pretty cheap. it slides like ice but you can't carve/turn on it. it almost slipped my mind but i remembered you have to counter sink the screws. it's easy to cut to size too. let me know how it's going with your setup and post up some build pics....i might be able to get some ideas

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Yes I still have the set up, but the kids have kinda out grown it so to say. We still have the stuff but the boys just don't have an iterest to do it during the summer.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just a piece of advice to consider...look up "rolling ladder" on craig's list. You can often times get one that is 6' tall for under 150 bucks. I've seen them go for $50 here in Indianapolis.
These make ideal towers to drop in from, then all you have to do is attach the ramp that you have built on the other side. Once I get mine finished, I'll post pics.

Also, consider using PVC pipe pieces spaced about 6 inches apart running perpendicular to your drop in ramp. It is very fast and durable. I used to use the nylon latice, but it broke easily once the temperature dropped into the teens.

I'm able to get enough speed from mine to hit a 2 foot kicker.

Krug

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'm able to get enough speed from mine to hit a 2 foot kicker.

Krug
Whoa! that's sick! i never thought of the rolling latter as a drop in tower, such a good idea! i've seen pictures of the pvc drop in..it definitely makes a lot of sense. i'm getting plenty of speed on my drop in but the turf is a little slow so i'm going to put on some orange construction fence on it next. i want to avoid having to use water to add speed cuz i want to avoid making a mess.
any more advice, please feel free to shoot

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
the orange construction fence is a very soft plastic you may find that this slows you down just as much. I 've never used it, seen it, so just my thoughts on that material.
You testing might be the best bet but I still believe it's gonna be slow

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so far i've came across 2 different kinds of orange fence, one thicker than the other. i'm going to try to find the thicker one. hope it works

·
Registered
254 Posts
Whoa! that's sick! i never thought of the rolling latter as a drop in tower, such a good idea! i've seen pictures of the pvc drop in..it definitely makes a lot of sense. i'm getting plenty of speed on my drop in but the turf is a little slow so i'm going to put on some orange construction fence on it next. i want to avoid having to use water to add speed cuz i want to avoid making a mess.
any more advice, please feel free to shoot[/QUOTE

Yeah, it works well, the right height, steps already made,light, and very sturdy...as an added bonus, you have handrails, which are good if you are a parent like me, whose kids like to also take their sleds down the old mans backyard drop and hit the kicker.:laugh:

Menards and Lowes typically have the parked around their stores for stocking shelves. You might touch base with the Manager to see if they have one in the back that they aren't using, or is broke (wheel bearing shot,etc) that you could score on the cheap. I have seen these all the way up to 11 feet...now that would be a drop in tower!

Good Luck

·
Registered
254 Posts
Do u happen to have any pictures of the setup?
I'm building another bigger one now. Heavy winds came through here and destroyed a bunch of trampolines, so I have been salvaging galvanized steal tubing to add additional height to my tower and build a larger ramp. Tower is built and is just under 7' tall. I am using galvanized steel piping from trampolines to make the ramp. Since some of them are bent to form the circle of a trampoline, they will make a nice transition from ramp to ground.

If you want, PM me your cell # and I'll snap a couple picks tomorrow and send them to you...it take me forever to learn how to load pics from my Mac onto here.

Krug

·
Registered
254 Posts
Any new set ups?
Hey Kev,
I just sent you pics of the nearly finished drop in ramp. Let me know what you think. The kids are trying to talk me into letting them use it as a drop in for their slip n slide...the wife may divorce me soon...

Krug

1 - 16 of 16 Posts