Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Backyard riding is fun, easy and cheap.
Started my journey with a Burton Throwback 130cm. This year I picked up a K2 Tree Splitter 136cm.

I’m looking for a skate deck shape with no channels … in like 110-120cm … a 3d bottom, smooth … not edgy but more bowl shaped …. for edgeless spinning … going so slow that an edge for slowing down is unnecessary and basically in the way.

I’m starting here, no research done. If I owned a skate deck I’d just give that a try. Looking for someone who’s been down this thought path. Thanks!

rebuild pics from last night, we lost it all in the thaw
Atmosphere Road surface Asphalt Automotive tire Wood

Asphalt Road surface Wood Tints and shades Geological phenomenon

Atmosphere Slope Mountainous landforms Asphalt Landscape

Water Cloud Black Road surface Asphalt

· Registered
2,298 Posts
The flat deck snowskates is best on dry packed snow, and you can’t really turn much on them, but they are fun for small tricks and rails and bailing. The ones with trucks need some more snowpack and speed, but then you have all the control you want. For backyard stuff, something like the Hovland 5-0 would be nice. Could get both types as it will be different styles. Rotating to switch will be like with a skateboard. Might have to prep the backyard with xc skis, as they have less surface to work with.

· Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The flat deck snowskates is best on dry packed snow, and you can’t really turn much on them, but they are fun for small tricks and rails and bailing. The ones with trucks need some more snowpack and speed, but then you have all the control you want. For backyard stuff, something like the Hovland 5-0 would be nice. Could get both types as it will be different styles. Rotating to switch will be like with a skateboard. Might have to prep the backyard with xc skis, as they have less surface to work with.
hey thanks for the input, the look of the five-oh is close to what I'm envisioning.

I came across a similar deck called the Mundo. It was a kickstarter project but over and done with now.

A one piece design is what I have in mind but proving tough to find.
I'd like the feel to be loose and not track completely straight with the subdeck.
You could even say I'm looking for a backyard toy.
It's barely a slope with some really small features. Max speed 3mph, haha.

Font Automotive lighting Auto part Automotive exterior Poster

1 - 10 of 10 Posts