Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Put the $140 towards a new board. Your repair guy is being honest with you and is charging a lot because it’s a big repair. Will it hold? Maybe? Do you gamble?
Here’s my thinking you rode for two more hours on that base and probably did further damage to such an exposed base. At that point you made a decision about that board and what it means to you. A board is a tool not a loved one. Don’t obsess or feel bad or throw money at a problem.
Buy a replacement and put the $140 towards something you know will not break on you while you are on an expensive trip. That ends up costing more in the long run.
Ask yourself, “would I buy that board for $150 knowing the extent of the damage before the repair?” If yes, fix it but I think we know the answer. Letting go is part of the grieving process. You’re still in denial. Acceptance will eventually come. You and piggy will always have your powder day to remember and that’s priceless!
Thanks man! You made some very valid points here and I agree with everything you wrote. I did ask myself yesterday if it was worth it regardless of what happened and the anwser is still a clear YES. So yeah, its just a tool.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Also I hope you kept the curly q base piece that was left on there. That is amazing it held on and is the biggest piece of spent core I have ever seen
I didn't keep it :/ It held on like nothing happened. I rode it for at least 2 more hours and yesterday at home I tried bending it and all seems normal. Kind of strange but it is what it is.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts