Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I would love to meet all of you on the west coast but with 2 careers and 2 kids in this house a trip like that won't be happening right now.

It would be AWESOME if someone organized something like this on the east coast. My DH and I would def be there! :wub::snowboard4: :wub:
ehmm...all the more reason to run away and hide out for a week ... without the kids or DH ... show them work hard...play harder :hairy:

remember Glacier has no cell phone reception....the only reception is on the chairlifts :wink:

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,435 Posts
I would love to meet all of you on the west coast but with 2 careers and 2 kids in this house a trip like that won't be happening right now.

It would be AWESOME if someone organized something like this on the east coast. My DH and I would def be there! :wub::snowboard4: :wub:
There was a guy here who used to organize an EC meet every year. Iir he got himself banned for sumpin or other. :blink:

I believe he was a real DH! (...I'm using @Argo's definition in this instance!) ;) :laugh:
@snowangel99,.. you could always pick up that mantle and organize an East Coast meet yourself! :dunno: Anyone who can take on Air Canada can certainly put together an SBF meetup! ;) :grin:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
There was a guy here who used to organize an EC meet every year. Iir he got himself banned for sumpin or other. :blink:

I believe he was a real DH! (...I'm using @Argo's definition in this instance!) ;) :laugh:

@snowangel99,.. you could always pick up that mantle and organize an East Coast meet yourself! :dunno: Anyone who can take on Air Canada can certainly put together an SBF meetup! ;) :grin:
I'll start a thread, but only if you come @chomps1211!

·
Registered
927 Posts
For East Coast people that might make sense. Maybe we can set some type of meet up for the East Coast people... but I wouldn't expect anyone West of maybe NY to come. Let's be honest, why would they? Don't get me wrong, I live on the East Coast and enjoy riding in New England, but why would anyone fly here to ski/ride over going West? They'd have to be insane... or really like ice.
What's a "DH"?
We had guys/gals from Georgia, Maryland, Ohio, West VA, parts of Canada, plenty of Jets fans, etc.. even a couple guys from England for the Jay meet. Jay made sense only because the chances of good conditions are better, and we did hit some beauties, no doubt The original meets were a couple of houses right down the road, but then moved slope side right near the Tram. It was more expensive for the slope side accommodations, and some people complained, but it was a no brainer for me. Attendance peaked at about 40. There has been some recent threads of trying to resurrect an EC meet, I hope it happens. We had more riders from the EC on the forums back then, but I think you could get 10-15 people together given plenty of lead time.

·
Registered
696 Posts

Lucky for her she wasn't taking on United.

·
Registered
968 Posts
We had guys/gals from Georgia, Maryland, Ohio, West VA, parts of Canada, plenty of Jets fans, etc.. even a couple guys from England for the Jay meet. Jay made sense only because the chances of good conditions are better, and we did hit some beauties, no doubt The original meets were a couple of houses right down the road, but then moved slope side right near the Tram. It was more expensive for the slope side accommodations, and some people complained, but it was a no brainer for me. Attendance peaked at about 40. There has been some recent threads of trying to resurrect an EC meet, I hope it happens. We had more riders from the EC on the forums back then, but I think you could get 10-15 people together given plenty of lead time.
There are some organized trips from Toronto to Jay that give good hotel and chalet rates. So we could piggy pack onto one of those groups as we would get a good rate. The only caveat is we have to go on their dates.

Edited to say no not me! I am shit at organizing group trips. People get on my nerves with all their stipulations. Just snowboard already.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,379 Posts
The one rule to stick to as an organizer of these things is that there are no stipulations set by others. You either like the plan and go or you dont....
That was exactly my line, lol. "Eek, you're crazy or what???? You want me to fly half around the globe to live with ride with hit BC with some stangers you met on the interweb?!?!" - "eh... you either join or stay at home". Well... the rest is history :)

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
UPDATE:
Ok finally...hot on the trail...just emailed a few companies and made the inquiry, with the dates of Thursday March 8, 2018 to Tuesday March 13, 2018. I noted, that I would like to have this finalized by the end of October 2017. The place I had first thought of was a friends place but its being permanently rented.

Being the puter tard that I is, me thinks the best plan at this time is to have you that are very very very interested...pm me your email and I will try to figure out how to do a group/batch email about the details and etc as things develop. I will also post general updates for the less enthused.

So now the request is for ya'll to start doing the sacrifices, meditations, chanting while noting the eclipse and other celestial events in order to make this happen and for snorkel fluffiers to choke on during the whole of March 2018.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Ok,...details....pm if you want in. March is a fairly booked time and has good history snowfall.

So found a place that does 8-10 folks for 5 nights March 8-15 Thurs-Tues...so estimating at about $50 per bed per night. Plus figuring out a food budget thing.

There is a hot tub, conveniently located, but not in Glacier proper nor in a complex, has parking. If there is an overwhelming response might be able to add a cabin to sleep 4 more folks.

I need to get back to book asap...hopefully by next week August 25th.

At this point, me thinks, PM and in a few days will have more details about deposit parameters and etc and will send a link to the place.

wrath

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Is that a typo? Should it be 3/8-3/13, or are the dates flexible?
Yes, the dates are Thurs March 8th through Tues March 13th...checking out of the accomidation on Wedday morning.

I selected these dates because of higher probability of march snowfall and less people on the hill. These dates are in a gap between some big events, after the ski bus program has ended and avoiding various local and college breaks. Also I figure airline travel and ground traffic would be lighter...in the case of folks flying in/out of SeaTac or Vancouver BC...though Bellingham does have a small international airport. Sometimes you can find reasonable deals flying right into Bham. And it works for me getting time off work.

If folks wanted to come earlier or stay later, I would try to help folks by referring them to other possible places to stay. And as usual if folks are here at other times I would try to meet up.

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Yes, the dates are Thurs March 8th through Tues March 13th...checking out of the accomidation on Wedday morning.

I selected these dates because of higher probability of march snowfall and less people on the hill. These dates are in a gap between some big events, after the ski bus program has ended and avoiding various local and college breaks. Also I figure airline travel and ground traffic would be lighter...in the case of folks flying in/out of SeaTac or Vancouver BC...though Bellingham does have a small international airport. Sometimes you can find reasonable deals flying right into Bham. And it works for me getting time off work.

If folks wanted to come earlier or stay later, I would try to help folks by referring them to other possible places to stay. And as usual if folks are here at other times I would try to meet up.
Right on. I'm still working out the winter budget, but right now it looks like lodging and flight would be about $700. What would passes for four days run? And then would it have to be a rental from sea-tac?

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Right on. I'm still working out the winter budget, but right now it looks like lodging and flight would be about $700. What would passes for four days run? And then would it have to be a rental from sea-tac?
Last year daily ticket was $55 mid and $60 wkend. Other then renting, there is a airport shuttle for $40 and the BOLT bus for ? $10. Once in Bham we could carpool and there is the Baker Bus. If we manage to do this, the thing to do is to meet up in Bham and then caravan up. Its about 40 miles from Bham to the lodging and then another 17 miles to the ski area.

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Right on. I found out this week that I'm taking my lovely bride on a cruise in December, but I'll do some maths and see where we land once I know which cruise I'm taking her on. :wink:

61 - 80 of 92 Posts